Growing Trees

Avio

Just updated to latest World 2.5 and it just looks awesome ...

Noticed however that in the Caucus region, when flying low the trees seem to literally "grow" one by one just ahead of the plane, instead of having been loaded way ahead.

This issue does not show up in the NTTR, where trees look better and are already "fully grown up" way before I fly to them at low altitude.

Any advice? Thank you.

What are you preeload distance and tress viability settings?

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Okay I spent a bit of time on the Caucasus map and trees are fine, I am seeing some textures load late, noticeably those on the hangers near airfields and those lazy shadows that slink into position as you approach.

I do remember that we use to get trees popping into existence in previous versions, maybe try deleting your metashader folders in username\saved games \dcsversion\metashader..

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.