DCS and Pimax

Wags

We have to be patient.

Only what this videos I showing right now is fact that Pimax8K is real and everything goes as promised with just smaller delay, what in essence is not bad because that delay is caused by trying to find better solutions for some issues.

We will have to wait a bit more for proper presentation in public which will happen only when these 10 testers approve that everything is alright.

As I notice all of them is just people from the community which will do more promotion than testing. Something similar what Belsimtek did with FA 18C with limited pre release to some tubers.

With all respect to Sweviver work about VR, in DCS he is a noob and that is what I meant when I say there is no competent DCS tester for Pimax8K.

QUOTE]

I don't think he has to be a DCS expert to evaluate whether the Pimax is up to the task of running it well. He can fly well enough to make that determination.

Edited by dogbite

I5 6600K @4.5, Gigabyte GA-Z170XP mobo, GMMAXX GTE Cooler, MSI GTX 1080 ti Gaming X gpu (factory OC), SoundBlaster X-F1 sound card, 16 gig Corsair Vengeance ddr4 ram @ 3200 , 3 ssd hds, EVGA 650 Gold Power supply, Saitek X52 Hotas and rudders, 2 AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shakers, Pimax 5K+

DCS have specific needs in VR. 200 FOV is impression OK but how good you can spot air or ground targets compared to the other VR's, or how good you can read HUD or instruments, how you are competitive in MP?

To check such details can see only experienced DCS user because someone who is experienced as Sweviver will see on HUD only numbers and in cockpit only gauges, you, me or Wags for example on HUD will see target, Altitude, airspeed, direction e.t.c. in cockpit we will see pressure, airspeed, direction e.t.c. not just numbers and gauges which for noobs look the same because they don't know to use it and what it is represented at all.

It is like you ask some kid from elementary school who barely learn to read to review and evaluate some artist novel. For example Dostoyevski War and Peace.

I do not expect from Sebastian and Sweviverthat level of Pimax8K evaluation. That's it, nothing more. I believe them and respect and understand what level of evaluation I can expect from them. That is not their problem it is Pimax problem because they establish contact with ED and didn't do anything else for further cooperation to shape Pimax8K more optimal for DCS. ED's answer was positive but Pimax failed to raise it on the higher level.

Just to clarify this some more. Even on this forum from more experienced players, who were reviewing some VR devices, fail to evaluate some of the important issues. So How you can expect this from Sebastian an Sweviver.

My point is just to not expect too much from tham but I'm satisfied with them already because I know exactly what I can expect.

Well,At least He is 1 of The 10 testers that has and flys DCS on their PC,I'm not a DCS expert either,I only know when I feel total immersion in the Sim.

We're in the infancy of The VR Movement,We're watching it grow up (with our help) literally before our eyes.

Any info he can share about the product and how it interacts with DCS is a WIN/WIN as far as I'm concerned.

Patrick

mini.gif

I'm not against Sebastian or Sweviver. I'm not against Pimax8K.

My point is for proper DCS related evaluation we should wait for someone who is more competent for it. Those two need a lot of help from a side to do it best as they could and I'm respecting that. Just warning to not expect much from them.

Just to evaluate immersion even Fruit Ninja is good enough and I will never play such game more than once or occasionally once a month.

You don't buy high-end VR for Fruit Ninja when Oculus GO is more than adequate for it.

This is DCS forum and we are talking about DCS in VR here not about Fruit Ninja. About VR, in general, I will talk somewhere else.

My point is for proper DCS related evaluation we should wait for someone who is more competent for it.

I'm curious. What is it you think a seasoned DCS vet could tell you that the testers can't. Have you considered giving Sweviver a PM on the Pimax forum to ask him to test specific things? He is quite receptive to suggestions. Just a thought.

Personally, I expect it to track well, have no visual anomalies and look great at 200 fov. I expect the fov to offer a greater sense of presence and speed. I am not expecting a big improvement in target identification and I don't expect instruments to appear very much clearer. I anticipate it will be quite enjoyable but as I have often said, Pimax isn't my last VR hmd -just my next one.

Edited by dogbite

I5 6600K @4.5, Gigabyte GA-Z170XP mobo, GMMAXX GTE Cooler, MSI GTX 1080 ti Gaming X gpu (factory OC), SoundBlaster X-F1 sound card, 16 gig Corsair Vengeance ddr4 ram @ 3200 , 3 ssd hds, EVGA 650 Gold Power supply, Saitek X52 Hotas and rudders, 2 AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shakers, Pimax 5K+

Since there is an NDA I am not sure how much the reviews right now can be trusted but I am a bit worried:

The first comment was interesting: "Your issues may not be IPD-related, but focus-related, which is a big problem for HMDs with tilted screens and you might be more sensitive to it than the others. Palmer warned about it 5 years ago: https://www.mtbs3d.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=138&t=16434#p100503 "

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

From what I've seen it'll be a step up from the Rift. That's really all I'm looking for. A better resolution, a wider FOV and hopefully less PD requirements. I'll build the system for it, in fact I'm going to start next week I believe but like dogbite said, this is simply my next VR device.

Pimax is an evolution, not a revolution.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

12 years ago I tried to start the first project with a 220° FOV HMD on the Beuth University of Applied Sciences here in Berlin where I live. My calculations hence came up with a 13K HMD.

My project was titled TR for Total Reality, as I designed also the first autofocus tec (still not realized). Its technical demands overwhelmed both the local technical possibilities and the budget of the University and were way ahead of its time as also the PC Technology was not mature for 13K.

In the meanwhile, I'm quite content with my Pimax 4K and also anxiously looking forward to this 200° device. I still have concerns about the Fresnel lenses, as from my point of view, if there is a possibility for, not only curved but rather spheric display, the Fresnel lenses would be futile. 9 rectangular simple compound lenses, usually arranged analog in the desired shape along that spheric display of a ground polished or molded transparent material of glass (or plastic), would also do the job.

PS. used to be sales director of Middle East & Africa for ARRI with ZEISS as partners

Edited by Biba

BiBa...............BigBang

WIN 11-64 Pro. MoBo: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING. SSD: LEXAR 790 4TB. CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K. GPU: MANLI RTX 2080 Ti. RAM: HyperX 3200 MHz 64 GB. Monitor: ASUS 4K 28"/VR: Pimax 4K/TrackIR-5/SAITEK X55-Yoke-Rudder-Trim Wheel.

Don't know why they had to go for 200 degrees when it means they are just going to stretch and distort the edges.

Depends on who you believe. The jury is still out until all the testers ring in, but there are indications that this is going to be fine. case in point.

Edited by dogbite

Always the negative that comes out isn't it.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Don`t get the negrepping. The tech in the 8k is a huge leap forward. If you don`t like the idea of buying from a Chinese startup, the competition will surely pick it apart, improve on its flaws, and offer something better.

Pay no heed to negreppers that never tested the product.

Intel Core i7­6700K, 32GB DDR4, 512GB PCIe SSD + 2TB HDD, GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Pimax 5k+

Depends on who you believe. The jury is still out until all the testers ring in, but there are indications that this is going to be fine. case in point.

Liking that!

Always the negative that comes out isn't it.

Don`t get the negrepping. The tech in the 8k is a huge leap forward. If you don`t like the idea of buying from a Chinese startup, the competition will surely pick it apart, improve on its flaws, and offer something better.

Pay no heed to negreppers that never tested the product.

I don't get it either ...some people are just cynical and negative in general even if they have no dog in the fight...it's their nature...I'm just hoping I can run it and it's slightly better than the current alternatives ....If so I'll be happy .....:thumbup:

i7-9700K @ 5.0 l MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus MB l 32GB DDR4 2400 Ram l Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 l EVGA 3080 FTW l Win10 Pro l WarBRD/Warthog Hotas l VKB MkIV rudder Pedals l Reverb G2

When are the reviewers going to be allowed to review?

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

Some good news:

9fBcm0PTduwEyQdzpRsWiuK8M0H4uATwowXBkgYt7rw.jpg?9fBcm0PTduwEyQdzpRsWiuK8M0H4uATwowXBkgYt7rw.jpg?

I posted that yesterday, but it's still good today hehe

So is the hand tracking setup on the bottom of the M1 meant to work with bare hands or gloved hands ....anyone know?

9fBcm0PTduwEyQdzpRsWiuK8M0H4uATwowXBkgYt7rw.jpg?w=489&

Edited by Hellcat

i7-9700K @ 5.0 l MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus MB l 32GB DDR4 2400 Ram l Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 l EVGA 3080 FTW l Win10 Pro l WarBRD/Warthog Hotas l VKB MkIV rudder Pedals l Reverb G2

So is the hand tracking setup on the bottom of the M1 meant to work with bare hands or gloved hands ....anyone know?

I would think with the Vive wands, or yet to be mfg Pimax controllers.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I would think with the Vive wands, or yet to be mfg Pimax controllers.

Oh I see .....was hoping a captoglove kind of thing might work with it in the future as well.