[LATER IN EARLY ACCESS] Landing HUD declutter

Eagle7907

Hey guys. For those who flew the F16 on a previous lifetime, I've discovered the HUD declutter for flying ILS. Switch the DED-FPL-OFF switch on the right panel to FPL. That makes the bank angle scale disappear so you can spot the runway environment better when breaking out of the ceiling.

I guess there is no stick input to switch it in real aircraft. Hence why there isn't one for this simulation.

Smooth landings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

Declutter of the angle of bank scale is sorely missed.

The fact that the heading tape remains in the lower position instead of the alternate upper position really adds to the difficulty as well. If I had to pick anything it would be the heading tape.

Yes it's certainly disappointing to hit the the Cage/uncage button with the gear down and you still have to peer through the "clutter".

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

The only thing that really clutters the Viper's HUD is that depressed heading tape not sitting where it is in most other planes, at the top. Can't understand the design decision behind this. It's in the way when being dirtied up, it's in the way when strafing and it's in the way when doing rocket attacks. At least. There may be even more situations, but I haven't done everything yet icon_redface.gif

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Now I’m very confused. My understanding after posting the cage/uncage feature not working was correct as is. It was moved out of bug subforum without explanation. So this is something real?

Anyways. I guess this is a temporary solution. ED really needs to stop with the phantom thread movement. It adds much confusion and frustration. Especially when it’s stuff WE are reporting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

Hi!

I am not sure to understand you correctly, but if your qustion is: "Is the "Uncage" a declutter feature in the real plane?", answer is yes.

Regards.

Okay. Then I’m not sure why my bug post was disregarded and sent to the wishlist? If it’s on the actual jet, then it should be on the DCS jet based on their “realism is what we strive for” motto. I don’t understand what is going on at this place sometimes.

Landing HUD declutter

I want to copy my thread to show you what I was talking about. And it wasn’t moved to wishlist, it was moved here. Probably from Wags?

Again, the constant moving without any communication only adds confusion.

ILS declutter

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?share_fid=74365&share_tid=251278&url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums%2Eeagle%2Eru%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D251278&share_type=t&link_source=app

Edited by Eagle7907

Hi!

Okay. Then I’m not sure why my bug post was disregarded and sent to the wishlist? If it’s on the actual jet, then it should be on the DCS jet based on their “realism is what we strive for” motto. I don’t understand what is going on at this place sometimes.

Maybe just a bit too early (?) ... remember, its a VERY early Beta. So many things are still missing/inaccurate, they certainly want to focus on more critical stuff.

Regards.