DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

With the current carrier Stennis, and using VR, I find flying the ball to be impossible. I can't see it well enough for it to be useful. Is anyone else having the same experience of do I need to adjust some VR settings? Thanks in advance.

What headset are you using?

At what point are you not seeing the ball.

Remember Ball sighting is dependent on your altitude behind the carrier and distance.

Anywhere above or below proper glides lope, the ball light would disappear.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

I know I'm on slope because I'm using the ICLS, when I look over to the ball at 3/4 of a mile, it's unusable. Oculus Rift. It's a matter of being able to clearly determine where the ball is relative to the datum lights.

486DX w/turbo button

I know I'm on slope because I'm using the ICLS, when I look over to the ball at 3/4 of a mile, it's unusable. Oculus Rift. It's a matter of being able to clearly determine where the ball is relative to the datum lights.

The only way I can get semi decent clarity on my Rift is by setting aniso to 16x, no antialiasing and using pixel density 2.0. There is a slight shimmer at far distance but it doesn't bother me too much.

btw, I just noticed your sig... 486dx. :D

With the current carrier Stennis, and using VR, I find flying the ball to be impossible. I can't see it well enough for it to be useful. Is anyone else having the same experience of do I need to adjust some VR settings? Thanks in advance.

I'm flying with an Odyssey+ and can see the ball and fly it very well betwenn 1 and 3/4 mile.

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

The only way I can get semi decent clarity on my Rift is by setting aniso to 16x, no antialiasing and using pixel density 2.0. There is a slight shimmer at far distance but it doesn't bother me too much.

btw, I just noticed your sig... 486dx. :D

I made the change to a Rift S (from Rift) and it made the ball a little clearer to see at 3/4, it is usable for the most part. I would like to see them add a small ref window (like the one we have for control positions) for the ball and datum lights. That would be really helpful I think, esp for VR.

i9-13900K@5.8Ghz, RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Aorus Elite AX MB, 64GB DDR5 6000, 2x2TB M.2 980pro SSDs, Win11 64 P, TM Warthog, T-IR 2D @ 4K, Quest Pro VR.

I made the change to a Rift S (from Rift) and it made the ball a little clearer to see at 3/4, it is usable for the most part. I would like to see them add a small ref window (like the one we have for control positions) for the ball and datum lights. That would be really helpful I think, esp for VR.

Number of people already made that suggestion. It would probably be helpful for most but it would also feel weird initially to look at the ball as another instrument in the cockpit regardless of its location on the screen. What could also be done is to magnify the ball on the boat. As you get closer it would re-size to normal dimensions. Then again, most flyers here have no, or only marginal issues with ball visibility and for the rest it's just a matter of proper tweaking of hardware or possibly upgrading hardware.

I just wish the VR world progressed at a slightly faster pace... including interface devices.

This waiting and wondering is painful...

I need this module.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Number of people already made that suggestion. It would probably be helpful for most but it would also feel weird initially to look at the ball as another instrument in the cockpit regardless of its location on the screen. What could also be done is to magnify the ball on the boat. As you get closer it would re-size to normal dimensions. Then again, most flyers here have no, or only marginal issues with ball visibility and for the rest it's just a matter of proper tweaking of hardware or possibly upgrading hardware.

I just wish the VR world progressed at a slightly faster pace... including interface devices.

I use a rift S and have no issue seeing the ball or any instruments. I never have to use zoom unless a dev team gone overboard with weathering on the writing next to a knob or switch (Heatblur) lol.

Interface is great. I can do everything with my HOTAS and 1 rift controller. No need for a mouse or keyboard. As soon as I start the game and put the HMD on, i never have to take it off or feel around.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I use a rift S and have no issue seeing the ball or any instruments. I never have to use zoom unless a dev team gone overboard with weathering on the writing next to a knob or switch (Heatblur) lol.

Interface is great. I can do everything with my HOTAS and 1 rift controller. No need for a mouse or keyboard. As soon as I start the game and put the HMD on, i never have to take it off or feel around.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

:thumbup:

Pretty much same here with my Rift S.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Carrier map limit

Apologies if this has been answered, couldn't find anything on this.

The only map where a carrier can be used (carrier couldn't enter caucasus) is the gulf.

In reality, a strike group would never enter the strait as the risks would be too high.

If you place a carrier just outside the map grid, would this cause any issues or bugs e.g. Nav points, tacan, false bearing readings etc?

Me to.. No issues with the Reverb and DCS with VR,its another level of realism Hope for some good working VR gloves and can't wait for the new Carrier.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

:joystick: DIY 2DOF Motionsimulator with 4Ch Simshaker :joystick:

Apologies if this has been answered, couldn't find anything on this.

The only map where a carrier can be used (carrier couldn't enter caucasus) is the gulf.

In reality, a strike group would never enter the strait as the risks would be too high.

If you place a carrier just outside the map grid, would this cause any issues or bugs e.g. Nav points, tacan, false bearing readings etc?

I don't know about that, but I think that placing it before the Strait, in the Gulf of Oman, would be realistic enough without causing any problems, no?

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Some new pics up!!!

The lighting looks different.

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Ok the super carrier looks great, but there's an elephant in the room. Will this be an EA before the end of the year?

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Dude in the yellow Mini-Boss sweater looks like Ron Swanson!

| i9 12900K |  64GB DDR5-6000 | STRIX RTX 4090 OC | LG 38GN950 38" |

| Hanns-G HT225HPB | TIR 5 & Varjo Aero | Virpil Throttle & Stick | TM TPRs |

You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

Ok the super carrier looks great, but there's an elephant in the room. Will this be an EA before the end of the year?

My question as well Outlaw. Lots of talk of EA, but no release window yet. I wonder if Q1 (Jan-Mar) of 2020 is doable. By the looks of of how things are progressing it seems possible, but that's on the surface. Probably lots of coding to be done that could take much longer. Thanks for the development update ED staff! :thumbup:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

I really doubt this will be released this year. To be honest, we really haven't had any NEW news or detailed info about the module. They haven't even mentioned pricing yet and we have a month and a half left in the year. Not to mention end of year holidays and time-off for staff.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

I really doubt this will be released this year. To be honest, we really haven't had any NEW news or detailed info about the module. They haven't even mentioned pricing yet and we have a month and a half left in the year. Not to mention end of year holidays and time-off for staff.

I agree with your logic/reasoning but they normally announce a EA release several months/weeks in advance. It would be an ideal release for the Hornet since we are in a peroid of slow patch releases, and the Christmas money floating around. If it's not released prior to the end of the year it will probably be late Q1 2020 for sure.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.