Yet another few ME beginner questions

sirrah

Can someone explain to me if it's possible/how to do the following (without scripting):

1. If I place ramp start AI aircraft and set start time, they are invisible until the set time. Then they suddenly spawn out of nowhere and start their engines. How do I make them visible before their start time?
  2. Is is possible to make taxiing AI hold at certain points (wait for each other near active runway)?

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Can someone explain to me if it's possible/how to do the following (without scripting):

- If I place ramp start AI aircraft and set start time, they are invisible until the set time. Then they suddenly spawn out of nowhere and start their engines. How do I make them visible before their start time?

I havent tried it, but maybe You can place a static aircraft of the same model and skin over the same spot and remove it just before the set time, not sure if you may need a script sentence for the removal.

- Is is possible to make taxiing AI hold at certain points (wait for each other near active runway)?

You can place a unit on the taxiway, to hold them, I once wanted to prevent my wingmen from taking off before I did ... like this:

IqiewyYC-94

This was a test, actually even a single infantry will do the same and it is less intrusive :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

1. If I place ramp start AI aircraft and set start time, they are invisible until the set time. Then they suddenly spawn out of nowhere and start their engines. How do I make them visible before their start time?
  2. Is is possible to make taxiing AI hold at certain points (wait for each other near active runway)?

The first one is easy: When setting up the AI aircraft, mark the check box for "UNCONTROLLED", then add a triggered action to start the AI aircraft.

Very Respectfully,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

London

"In my private manual I firmly believed the only time there was too much fuel aboard any aircraft was if it was fire." --Ernest K. Gann

Thanks guys!

All very helpful :thumbup:

Good idea to place an obstruction on the taxiway to simulate hold before takeoff. Now to find an item that is big enough for them to stop taxiing, yet as discrete as possible

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Good idea to place an obstruction on the taxiway to simulate hold before takeoff. Now to find an item that is big enough for them to stop taxiing, yet as discrete as possible

A single infantry will do ... if you use Suntsag’s NATO Soldier Mod then you can use a maintenance guy in that place :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Is it also possible to spawn and despawn a static object using triggers?

I know how to do this with units, but static objects don't have the "late activation" option

A single infantry will do ... if you use Suntsag’s NATO Soldier Mod then you can use a maintenance guy in that place :)

I wish to use a tire static object for this (small item which, when smartly placed, is less visible)

System specs: