Can't get the radio to work....

Nealius

I'm not sure what's going on...I have no problems with radios in other modules.

-Easy Radio OFF

-Ground Power ON

-UHF radio set to Channel 12 (Nellis), ON (T/R), Volume MAX

-Press Mic Switch on the throttle (RAlt+/), contact Nellis for startup

-No response

-Start engines anyway, hail Nellis again, no response

-Taxi out, annoying comms window appears out of nowhere, no voice from ATC.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, so I'm attaching a track. Half a megabyte too big for the forums, so Google Drive.

On the F10 map I usually get about 4-5 frequencies and don't know which one to use for which aircraft.

I get that fully. I try to find the radio that runs off battery and use that for ATC calls, generally only one does that. The Beacon Map does need an update it seems, I don't use it personally.

Yes, you need to keep the engine slightly up when sitting on the ground to power the radio. It is just like the gun sight. Put on the brakes and slightly push up the throttle, when you get a piper on your hud (if you have the guns on) the plane now has electrical power.

Also, a good way to learn radio tuning on the Saber is to bring up the Knee-board and leave it on the page with the radio statues. It will tell you in digital numbers what freq you are on instead of trying to guess from that tiny dial or listen to morse code while trying to fly

Yes, you need to keep the engine slightly up when sitting on the ground to power the radio. It is just like the gun sight. Put on the brakes and slightly push up the throttle, when you get a piper on your hud (if you have the guns on) the plane now has electrical power

There is also a Volt meter and a generator warning light on the lower left side of the instrument panel. If you are not producing enough electric power to meet the demand the light will illuminate. Increasing RPM will generate more electricity. If the light is on for too long the generator will burn out and your electrical systems will fail one by one. This is common in multiplayer when multiple aircraft waiting to warm up for takeoff. Maintaining 40% RPM should be sufficient.

Away from my game machine so I can't see the track but in his first post OP said he had ground power on -- I agree with the posts calling for enough engine rotation to sufficiently power the gen, but isn't that a moot point with ground power?

USAF 1F-86F-1 shows that on the -35 series, the radio is attached to the primary bus. The primary bus receives power when the battery-starter switch is at BATTERY OR the generator is operating OR ground power is applied (pages 1-27 and 1-28 ). IIRC, when running on ship power in the game, the radio DOES NOT work when the generator isn't making power (as has been said), but according to the -1 that is incorrect behavior. However, if you can't make the radio work on ground power something isn't right...

Multiplayer as Variable

Asus Z97-A - I7 4790K - 32 GB HyperX - EVGA GTX 1080 Ti - Corsair 750i PSU

TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFDs - CH Pedals - TrackIR 5 - Samsung RU8000 55”