CA in DCS 1.5

fasteddie1

Come on Sith throw him a bone;)

Combined Arms

1. Tanks with laser rangefinder. An automatic calculation fire solution taking into account range, wind speed, own tank speed, angular speed of target LOS is now implemented. (RShift+L)
  2. Added Arcade (isometric) View
  3. Uragan MRLS can now be controlled by player
  4. Added Sights for Challenger 2 and LAV-25
  5. Added Sights for M6 Linebacker (M2 Bradley sight for the gun, Avenger sight for SAM)
  6. Synchronization issues in Multiplayer is fixed
  7. Fixed sight visibility limitation while zooming in fog conditions
  8. Fixed air target radio emissions detection with RWR, if the target is not visible for ground radars due to curvature of earth
  9. Added Sights for T-72 and T-90 MBT (from T-80)
  10. Corrected SAM launch for Oliver Perry and Normandy
  11. Added second reverse gear for M1A2 MBT
  12. Added initial voice communications for Red and Blue tank crews. More to come.
  13. Adjusted M1A2 engagement range

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

I honestly wish that I got more out of CA. I have had it from the beginning and don't know what DCS is like without it but I have been told that it's much better with.

I guess that I'm not patient enough to go through and learn all of the particulars. I know guys that spend hours creating mission and the like. I guess that I am glad that I have it but I don't know enough about using it to get the full benefit of it.

When 1.5 came out, I didn't notice all that much of a difference from 1.2. This is only because I didn't really use it in 1.2.

I think CA has the most utility for people who are interested in mission building and stuff like that.

Like you I have owned CA since day zero so I didn't know exactly what it was adding to the experience; then I went without access to the CA module for a week and it felt like someone had taken away half of DCS.

For me DCS is a sandbox where I can jump into any unit and get a unique perspective. I've even started adding Driverviews and LSOviews to ground units and ships that don't have them; just so I can get that unique POV at any time from any unit.

People who don't have CA can just fly aircraft and be completely oblivious to this other stuff. You would not know what you are missing. CA is being constantly updated and improved. I think ED has some plans for it.

Its something I dip in and out of TBH but just the other day I was supposed to be lead ship in a MP scenario but pressed W while talking on TS with left Cntrl as push to talk, jettisoning my loadout onto the taxi way:doh:

Jumped into the JTAC slot instead and had great fun talking the other pilots onto targets and marking with smoke. Next time out I intend to try and lase targets for LGB,s.

Great fun and a reminder of the scope of CA. It also looks a deal nicer in 1.5:thumbup:

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In a multiplayer mission designed with CA in mind, the CA players can really change the play, and win the mission if the logic for it is included.

In a JTAC slot I can drive to a location and call up the rest of my group to join me. Using terrain we'll close on the enemy and you can watch the action from my vehicle or go to F10 View and let the AI duke it out. You can spot and call in targets for aircraft, and designate with smoke, flares and IR, as well as give coordinates.

A Tactical Commander can control whole groups and set ROE and Alarm State, get artillery to fire on targets and control aircraft. And you can do anything a JTAC can do.

It is a blast to get in a Red air defense unit and take shots at Blue a/c. Then go silent and hide in the trees and watch them try to find you. :pilotfly:

attachment.php?attachmentid=126343&stc=1&d=1446742376

attachment.php?attachmentid=126344&stc=1&d=1446742376

WC

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

I regularly play as a human JTAC with my wing and others in trianing mission but also in combat missions. It is essential, regretfully, to set the JTAC as invisible for the RED units otherwise you're short lived when something comes into range.

In other missions I play as game master and command units for JTACs to spot, identify and (have) attacked by other pilots, be it FW or RW.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

I've noticed in the past that the changelogs don't always include every single change. Plus, the OP might be interested in the overall effect of 1.5 over 1.2. I have a problem with the RTFM approach as the community is tiny as it is. No point in putting people off.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

I think there is a great deal of potential with CA that could be realized if there were more players that used it as their preferred module rather than an occasional alternative to an aircraft. I would like to see ED promote CA more by making it attractive to those that would rather drive tanks than fly, and there are tank sims out there that prove they exist. I would like to see ED offer CA as a free module like the SU25T and P51D has been or at least offer a free 30 day trial period coupled with some advertising placed on various related websites that would attract new blood. Imagine the MP events that could happen if there was a community of folks that were dedicated to CA.

• ED Team
I think there is a great deal of potential with CA that could be realized if there were more players that used it as their preferred module rather than an occasional alternative to an aircraft. I would like to see ED promote CA more by making it attractive to those that would rather drive tanks than fly, and there are tank sims out there that prove they exist. I would like to see ED offer CA as a free module like the SU25T and P51D has been or at least offer a free 30 day trial period coupled with some advertising placed on various related websites that would attract new blood. Imagine the MP events that could happen if there was a community of folks that were dedicated to CA.

Every sale they have they almost give it away anyways... least in the past they did.

I think a lot of exciting things will be coming for CA.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• ED Team
Yes but they are discounting it for flight sim junkies rather than trying to make it attractive to tank lovers outside of the DCSW community.

Guess I dont get what you mean, maybe you are thinking they need to compete against all the free tank games? CA is pretty cheap already... but not sure taking it to a free2play place would be good for it...

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Guess I dont get what you mean, maybe you are thinking they need to compete against all the free tank games? CA is pretty cheap already... but not sure taking it to a free2play place would be good for it...

I agree which is why a limited free trial may be a better way to test the water. Regardless of what marketing strategy was used I think it would be a benefit to DCSW if more was being done to attract new CA enthusiasts.

.....something to attract the Steel Beasts Pro crowd......

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

I think a lot of exciting things will be coming for CA.

I like how you think :smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Waiting to build a F/A-18C home-pit...

ex - Swiss Air Force Pilatus PC-21 Ground Crew

SFM? AFM? EFM?? What's this?

i7-5960X (8 core @3.00GHz)¦32GB DDR4 RAM¦Asus X99-WS/IPMI¦2x GTX970 4GB SLI¦Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSD¦TrackIR 5 Pro¦TM Warthog¦MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

CA is the most important improvement I am expecting. My plane is the Frogfoot and I need more ground support.

CA can easily become the most valued module if they add all the stuff together. Let's guess the infantry is in hold. However there are a lot of options inside CA. UAV operators, tank simulation, artillery operators, War ships operators.

The new behavior of the TOR in the last update is a good direction.

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[ame]

[/ame]

Oh that was hard to watch ... he is firing with the aim helper and standard mouse control ... it looks so JANKY. It looks bad and it is the old and bad way of playing tanker.

I say this because ED have added a PROPER simulated FCS system .. so you should use it and use it properly.

You place the reticule actually ON the target and you track the target smoothly keeping the reticule on the target. You don't have to manually lead the target at all ... if you are doing it like that ... you are doing it wrong.

All you do is track the target as smoothly as possible *protip use a thumb axis on throttle controller for pannig the turret or use the mouse mode with the red arrow* then only engage the FCS when you are ready to fire. The FCS will adjust the barrel and give you green and then you fire. The FCS calculates the lead and the thing underneath the crosshair explodes.

It is just smooth and controlled and beautiful ... not anything like that video.

---

I hope the lead coder of CA sees that video and realises what he has to do. He has to totally take the training wheels off CA ... ASAP. I would agree with Blooze here. There is lot more in CA then what people realise. It isn't just a toy. There is some solid stuff in there.

I have been messing with a mod that uses this new FCS system to add some sweet simulation to naval AA guns. So the idea is that you put old iron sights on the attacking aircraft and then the AA guns with radar rangers lay the fire where it needs to go. It isn't perfect but it just feels waaay better than aiming at a fake HUD circle. Arcade side of CA needs to fade away.

I like where ED is going with this but I am pretty impatient.

Edited by vicx

ED first needs to fix the netcode so that servers don't start falling apart when you move a bunch of units.