[UNABLE TO REPRODUCE] AI leading edge flaps

Eagle7907

Just noticed for the first time that the AI leading edge flaps are stuck to full down no matter the speed flown. I would be flying .92M straight and level and look over at -2 with trailing flaps up but the leading ones are still down. Anyone else notice/experience this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

[uNABLE TO REPRODUCE] AI leading edge flaps

Okay, on a hunch, I did do a repair to weed out any simple problems and it did install some runtimes. So I did a simple test. Same load out, and tried two different speeds. One decently slow at 235kts true. And took these photos.

Me

e43e57de5ebbc7fac5c63696da238de6.jpg

Him

9be37339e8434521a419ffce99f336e8.jpg

Notice my leading edge and compare it to the AI. The angles are noticeably different and we are flying the same speed.

I did take it up to 550kts TAS and did see both mine and AI wing positions were the same which means the repair must have done something.

I then flew a pattern around the ship and let -2 RTB. I watch him by F2 and his leading edge flaps hardly moved from the pictured angle until on downwind. Something seems odd about this. Like the animations were not complete for the “slow” flight.

Edited by Eagle7907

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

• 2 weeks later...

Wanted to bump and see if anyone else is experiencing this? It’s single player. Haven’t tried multiplayer yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Exactly. If both load conditions are the same (GW and AOA), then both wing camber should be the same. To me, this just doesn’t look right.

It’s possible.

The AI will be using SFM. I’ve often seen AI F-18s in the cruise formating on me pulling much more AoA at the same loadout, occasionally with the LEF down. It’s worse when they have bombs.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

I’m glad I’m not the only one experiencing this. Is there a reason why ED decided to do this? Seems like cutting corners. Also cheating, if you think about it.

AI Hornets roll down the runway on takeoff with stabs that look like the stick is being pushed through the panel (full nose down) and then they pop to level as the jet rotates. I'm not surprised that AI have some other control surface funkiness going on.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

I’m glad I’m not the only one experiencing this. Is there a reason why ED decided to do this? Seems like cutting corners. Also cheating, if you think about it.

All AI use a SFM (Simple Flight Model). You wouldn’t be able to run the sim if AIs were using the same high fedelity flight model as the player aircraft, it would use too much CPU power. This is the way it is, and the way it will stay for the foreseeable future. It’s not cheating or cutting corners. Regarding the the AI flying at a different AOA to player aircraft it’s just that the AI SFM hasn’t been tuned and tweaked yet to fly as similar to the PFM the player aircraft has yet. It’s probably quite a way down the list of priorities behind getting the player version of the Hornet feature complete.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.