changing crew positions?

rogonaut

when i try to choose the copilot spot to check out my new fancy garmin i end up in the back of my chopper. same happens when i try out the crew chiefs position.

i checked the quick start manual and found that 1,2 and 3 is the key of choice.

im having this issue in both 1.5 and 2.1. what am i doing wrong?

i do have the ns 430 installed.

Edited by rogonaut

Previously, the most usual Mi-8 crew position problems were caused by cokpit mods, or leftovers from any old mods in Saved Games location. I'd hazard a guess that might be the case here as well.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Remove both the relevant DCS folders from the Saved Games then. Must be something broken there (remember that these folders are NOT affected by either cleanup or repair scripts).

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

C:\Users\[your profile name]\Saved Games\DCS for (1.5.7) and [...] \DCS.openalpha (for 2.1.1), where all your personal data and settings are stored.

Back them up before deleting, of course, especially Config\Input subfolder (where controllers assignments are stored) and logbook.lua file in Mission Editor subfolder (where your logbook and campaigns progress are stored).

Launch the game, let it build new folders, and test. Then you can start moving your old subfolders and files back, one by one, checking which one causes the problem. You will narrow it down, eventually.

• Like 1

Previously, the most usual Mi-8 crew position problems were caused by cokpit mods, or leftovers from any old mods in Saved Games location.
Cockpit mods are usually a texture work and they don't interfere with in-game controls.

But, some mods like Peter's broken Proper Neck mod can mess something.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

C:\Users\[your profile name]\Saved Games\DCS for (1.5.7) and [...] \DCS.openalpha (for 2.1.1), where all your personal data and settings are stored.

Back them up before deleting, of course, especially Config\Input subfolder (where controllers assignments are stored) and logbook.lua file in Mission Editor subfolder (where your logbook and campaigns progress are stored).

Launch the game, let it build new folders, and test. Then you can start moving your old subfolders and files back, one by one, checking which one causes the problem. You will narrow it down, eventually.

problem solved - now i need to find out what caused it. thx!

it was the Server.lua

Edited by rogonaut