DCS: Supercarrier Update for 19 March 2020

Wags

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks EA, I appreciate the detailed update. In the grand scheme of things a 15 day delay in the super carrier release is hardly something to get upset about.

Do that software engineer stuff and stay well, I'll be ready when you are :smilewink:

Alienware Area-51M: i7-9700K, 165Hz 27" ASUS Swift PG279 IPS with G-SYNC, 32GB DDR4 Ram, 1TB M.2 PCie x4 SSD, 1TB SSHD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6, Windows 10, CH Eclipse...

Check out my fictional F/A 18-C Hornet and Su33 Flanker skins at: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=WytchCrypt&set_filter=Y

Really? What about constantly delays of products and features (including today`s OB)? And 9 months for simply TGP features. But its all good, things can change.

Next time my money will change too and I will not give it to ED.

Thank god for the ignore list, I actually cant stand anymore whiners :mad:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I have to wait an extra fifteen days to find out I'm not exactly a sierra-hotel pilot on the super carrier, too? At least the background wound would look nicer as the flaming wreckage skids off the angle deck, and there are crewmen around diving for cover.

Between Coronavirusgeddon and Snowmageddon there might be enough opportunities to get the skill set ready.

Take your time.

:joystick::pilotfly:

To be clear, we are not saying that the Tomcat will not be compatible at Super Carrier EA launch, we will do our very best with HB to have at least limited functionality.

Thanks,

Matt

There are currently only two DCS pay modules that use conventional aircraft carriers in the game, the ED Hornet and the HB Tomcat. How was it not a top priority to ensure the Supercarrier module was fully able to use both modules? I'm genuinely confused...This should've been a top priority.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ea/64/58/ea6458e2d324aa68f5ac76922536c033.jpg

"Straighten up and fly right"

To be fair, that's not what they said at all. It was initially advertised to release Q1, obviously without those bugs. So they're just disappointed that it wasn't releasing when initially planned.

Well, it was advertised as an Early Access release which means it would have been full of bugs since that is the nature of early access. I'd rather the time be spent to squash as many as possible prior to early access release, yet I am always sad when people assume early access releases will be bug free as that is very rarely the case.

Come on guys a bit of patience, neither those who mindlessly attack OR defend ED when things go to plan are right.

Definitely agree with you here. :)

:thumbup::pilotfly:

Robert Sogomonian | Psyrixx

website| e-mail | blog | youtube | twitter

• ED Team
There are currently only two DCS pay modules that use conventional aircraft carriers in the game, the ED Hornet and the HB Tomcat. How was it not a top priority to ensure the Supercarrier module was fully able to use both modules? I'm genuinely confused...This should've been a top priority.

The F-14B was only added to our development trunk rather recently, so we and HB have had much less time to integrate it. This has nothing to do with "priorities".

Thanks

Well, HB is delivering their own Carrier. I guess this should be available these days too i hope. I guess they want to wait until ED released the Supercarrier.

How do I add such folks?

Click on his nickname, select "view public profile", on the top red bar click "user lists", then "add to ignore list".

I use it not only to not see their posts, but also to prevent me from inadvertently helping them in the future.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Wags, thanks for the transparency and the updates :) its ready when its ready.. hope you and yours are well and everyone is staying safe in the team!

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

To be clear, we are not saying that the Tomcat will not be compatible at Super Carrier EA launch, we will do our very best with HB to have at least limited functionality.

Thanks,

Matt

Well just to play the devil's advocate here since I fly the 18 rather than the 14... If I only had the 14 for whatever reason and had to pay 25% more for the SC than the 18 guys and also be told that no guarantees it will work at all or we hope to have limited functionality for that extra 25% I'd be more than a little annoyed if I was a 14 guy.

Bug

Remove possible desync on first load of multiplayer

Medium priority

Backlog

13/Mar/20

Bug

Synchronize deck crew in MP

Stopper

In Progress

20/Mar/20

13/Mar/20

Will this be worked on inline with syncing the rest of multi player in DCS, We all know how bad the warping and Dysnc is. More info would be cool on this.

Using gazelle AND when Multi crew UH-1 released by mistake UH-1 showed same problems.

All cool features but can we have info on this, Will deck crew have jet packs to fly across maps this is fairly important yet skipped. Id like to hear some news on this as well as others. What i mean is 10 people will spawn in and warp into each other wrecking the place and its not the first time.

Integration of DCS: F-14 Tomcat is planned to be delivered with Release State version. However, we will try our best to add some Supercarrier functionality to Early Access version too.

Can you elaborate on why is integration with a module a problem and requires extra work? How will you ensure that future carrier AC will be compatible if the Tomcat is now a problem to integrate?

Danger zone!

Can you elaborate on why is integration with a module a problem and requires extra work? How will you ensure that future carrier AC will be compatible if the Tomcat is now a problem to integrate?
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4250614

I believe from Wags explanation, time is the limiting factor in this integration.

Edited by Eaglewings

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Finally, some information. Not much to ask for really. Thank you. Now, just keep the community updated and take your time to make it a game-changer.

Thanks again,

Steve

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

To me a firm date is better than a shooting for date any day. Even if it is farther out it is still a firm date. Calendar marked!

Motherboard ASUSTek TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING (WI-FI)

Processor Intel i5 9400

Memory VENGENCE PRO RGB 32GB

Video Card # 1 GIGABYTE NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX1660 6GB GDDR6

Power Supply Thermaltake GOLD 850 RGB

Sound Card NVIDIA HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO

Monitor 1. Vizio 32" 2. Samsung 32" 3. Samsung 32"

Operating System Windows 10 64 Bit build 19035.1

Thanks for the update ED. I would rather wait 15 days to get a more enjoyable module but im sure i dont speak for just myself but can yous please try and keep the community a bit more up to date and when things do get delayed can we get a new sneak peak / game play trailer or a development video as i know im not the only person that enjoys seeing the hard work you and the other developers do. Keep up the good work