Dora Fuel management

AJaromir

Welcome.

In the manual, page 103 is written:

In Flight:

 Fuel shutoff valve “Open”

 Drawing of fuel is controlled by the switching “On” and “Off” of the fuel tank pumps.

 Monitoring of fuel quantity by observing the selectable fuel tank indicator.

 First empty the rear tank, with the rear fuel pump switched off. (Only when red lamp illuminates before the white lamp, isolate forward fuel tank with its fuel shutoff valve). Fuel quantity indicator on rear fuel tank.

 When white lamp illuminates, switch both fuel tank pumps to “On”. Fuel shutoff valve remains in position “Open”.

 Fuel quantity indicator to forward fuel tank.

 When red lamp illuminates, 90 - 100 liter remain in forward fuel tank, remaining available flight time approximately 10 to 15 minutes at Economy power setting.

I am not sure if the point 4 is correct because when I switch off rear fuel pump, I always get red light 1st. Should not be there written front fuel pump?

And when the red light iluminates before the white lamp, should I also switch off the foward fuel pump or only set the fuel shutoff valve?

Edited by AJaromir

Well. I think that's really typo in the manual because on the next page I found this:

With drop tank and additional fuel tank:

 Fuel shutoff valve “Open”.

 Drop tank fuel pump, additional fuel tank pump and rear fuel tank pump “On”. Rear fuel tank pump “Off”.

 Fuel quantity indicator switched to rear fuel tank.

 When fuel quantity indicator starts showing fuel less than 240 liters, drop tank and additional fuel tank are empty.

 Drop tank fuel pump and additional fuel tank pump “Off”.

 Attention! When there is danger of incoming fire, the drop tank has to be jettisoned, and the drain of the the unprotected additional tank into the fuselage has to be pulled.

Hi AJaromir,

i think the whole fuel management section is flawed...

As a rule, rear tank and drop tank must be emptied first. The same, if the auxiliary tank is filled with fuel instead of MW50. Switch off the forward fuel pump!

The white light is a switch over warning (10 liters remaining), which means, you have to cut off the rear fuel tank and switch off the rear fuel pump!

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | 32GB DDR4 RAM | NVidia RTX4080 | MSI B550 TOMAHAWK | Creative X-Fi Titanium | Win 10 Pro 64bit | Track IR4 Pro | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek Rudder Pedals

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

*bump*

Bought the D9 and the A8... both manuals still suffer from those typos.

D9's fuel system section seems to be correct but the procedures section is very odd like described above.

I know, low prio issues but also relatively easy to fix.

Thanks

Jens

I know this is kind off topic, but it is still DCS manual issue.

P-51 DCS manual contain wrong charts for fuel consumption, and power settings and crit alts.

Those charts belong to v-1650-3 engine but DCS p-51 has v-1650-7 engine.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

I know this is kind off topic, but it is still DCS manual issue.

P-51 DCS manual contain wrong charts for fuel consumption, and power settings and crit alts.

Those charts belong to v-1650-3 engine but DCS p-51 has v-1650-7 engine.

This is the topic in the D9 forum, not P-51 forum. Go there with that stuff.

This is the topic in the D9 forum, not P-51 forum. Go there with that stuff.

I've been there, it is meh. I would rather sit here :)

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor