Are Trains Broken?

wraith70

I've set up a simple mission on the Normandy map. Setup a locomotive with some box cars in Cherbourg with waypoints heading south. When I start the mission I see no trains.

I say a youtube video showing how it's done, but it's a few years old. Has anyone successfully got trains working lately??

-Wraith

I think it's broken, especially for MP. I have tried creating several train intercept missions and finally gave up because only the host could see them. Are you trying to do it in MP?

In SP. But thanks for the heads up for MP

Turns out they work on some tracks in Normady. In east normany, the waypoints don't follow the track...they are straight lines. In Cherbourgh, I used the left tracks and it started working.

Thanks for sharing the tip .. I haven't yet tried to edit Missions with trains, but when the P-47D gets its rockets I will surely try to use trains as targets :thumbup:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

It is a known bug with any "single rail" set of tracks. The valid path is in only one direction.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• 1 month later...

Has anyone tried trains on the Persian Maps. I would like to use a train as a moving target, but I cannot get it to work. All looks good in the mission editor, but when I 'fly' the mission, it's as if the train doesn't ever activate. It's simply not there. Any other experience with trains or locomotives?