• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about R-77 maddog?

How do you suggest we do with it?

I don't have so many ideas.

If we make "automatic weapon change" script for this as well,

then if user has both ETs and 77s loaded, it cannot likely

change away from both if he fires his r73s...

I mean i can make it so if Launching r77 without EOS/rdr lock : punish,

but do you want that?

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

can you change the fire key to jetison untill the missiles has "LA"? This is not like intercepting player keys.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I cannot change anything in the game, only provide the same kind of

input the pilot can =/

I cannot detect anyone pressing stuff, only the result of it.

Neither can i *detect* LA, only calculate parameters where it should be tehre.

Lockon does not export LA.

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

So why take something that's real away? I understand that the missile can do some crazy stuff (scan zones) but the ET is the one that needs to be fixed, as far as maddog goes. The 120's are easy to get away from anyway unless they get fixed in a patch.

So exploiting ARH's is ok but as for ET's, shame on them, typical Eagle pilots view. Either accept that maddoging is part of the game, or accept that none of these missiles perform like this when maddogged in RL.

• Like 2

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Hi folks!

Just downloaded the realism mod for mysquad - impressive work!

But there is one thing i don´t come clear with: If we start our server, the server is named "...beta1.5". I downloaded the version displayed on the first site with the link from Yoda.

Just wanted to know if this is the current "up-to-date" version, or an older one.

Thanks

The link on the first page goes to version 2.2e for me, dated 23rd may <-- this is the latest release

1.5 is old beta, buggy and little slow

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

So exploiting ARH's is ok but as for ET's, shame on them, typical Eagle pilots view. Either accept that maddoging is part of the game, or accept that none of these missiles perform like this when maddogged in RL.

ET is as far we know very wrong in LO on this aspect. Amraam too, but not so far wrong like ET. ET should be limited with this LA, the question is - is it ok to cut ET when also AIM-120 is wrong in THIS aspect. Servers' admins should think about this. So the last decission takes admins and eventually grumbles should be directed to them :)

Edited by Boberro

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

A bit unfair generalization...

My PC specs below:

BOTH ARHs and ETs are equally flawed imho. To say that it's realistic for the F-15 to maddog and not the Su/MiG is a flawed statement. Both sides possess the "maddog"/LAO capability and few here knows how it would actually fair IRL if any of the missiles were in fact maddoged. Fact is, in LO, maddogs are quite successful (although not as a "legit" shot) compared to the actual missiles performance (again, as far as we know).

Edited by X-man

2075291193_EDSig.png.650cd56f2b9a043311112721c4215a47.png

64th Aggressor Squadron
Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron
TS: 135.181.115.54

The AMRAAM and the ET suffer from very different flaws, starting with the mach 2.5 limit speed for the AMRAAM. I find them easy to avoid even when they are maddoged and having 180 degress of scan pattern, they are very prone to chaff. The ET adds advantages from its flaws, in addition to 180 degrees of view, its fast and fully silent, should not even have any maddog capability to start with. Players often do not use flares simply for not knowing its airborne.

Edited by Pilotasso

My PC specs below:

I guess we're down to opinions really. You fly mostly the F-15 and knows the Aim-120s weaknesses and strong sides while Im more of a Flanker guy and knows the ET better. So we're faced with an equal situation but with different equipment...

• Like 1

2075291193_EDSig.png.650cd56f2b9a043311112721c4215a47.png

64th Aggressor Squadron
Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron
TS: 135.181.115.54

What has speed got to do with it? Whether its easier to avoid or not its still does the same damage. You can fire ARH's at nothing in particular and it will find the target for you, utter BS. You can argue all day the pros and cons of each missile.

A fact is, even if ET's are never overridden they are still the highest killing missile in the game.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Frostie, are you talking about percentage hits out of total missiles fired?

Then yes ET has by far the highest rate ;)

What has speed got to do with it? Whether its easier to avoid or not its still does the same damage.

Lots! The slower the missile is the closer the enemy gets to you for a return shot. Also increases the chance that he will hit you first and then run away. Another thing that hapens is that the AMRAAM has almost no escape zone in LOMAC. It can be outrunned and decoyed at any range. Even worse, in Lomac speed afects chaff rejection dramaticaly. The slower the missile is, the worse rejection. The 120 is the slowest of all radar missiles ingame.

You can fire ARH's at nothing in particular and it will find the target for you, utter BS. You can argue all day the pros and cons of each missile.

A fact is, even if ET's are never overridden they are still the highest killing missile in the game.

AMRAAM is very weak at maddog mode even with 180 degrees scan zone. It always gives plenty of warning unless its outside the view of your warning systems.

Currently the strongest part of the AMRAAM is one that few utelize properly, HOJ. It is silent if the target is conntantly jamming but you are required to estimate range and target heading properly or youll be shooting outside the missile kinetics wich is very easy to occur.

Frankly Im surprised thare are alot of AMRAAM haters out there (not saying you are) since it kills so little. I can spend one whole month on a server without being hit by one. Just check the stats.

Edited by Pilotasso

My PC specs below:

Plese, let's not get into an amraam speed discussion in this thread.

It can so easily deteriorate, especially with people around that don't realize

that the real thing flies at m4 cruise and can peak up to m5, while the lo variant

peaks M3 ^^

(damn i did it myself!)

LOL :D

It actualy peaks at mach 2.5. The speed of sound is not 1000km/h ;)

My PC specs below:

Speed has absolutely nothing to do with maddogging missiles, so why bring it up? :)

Low speed makes a maddogges missile more likely to pick up a target

with a 3d cone search spiral, depending on angular overlap of the algorithm.

LOL :D

It actualy peaks at mach 2.5. The speed of sound is not 1000km/h ;)

(if you fly 40.000 ft its about :P, but yeah, most of the time the lockon amraam can

be considered to be a mach 1.5-2 missile with mach 2.5 top speed)

It has an Rtr of about 4 nm under normal conditions in lockon. (even though your HUD dlz will probably show around 8+)

there are situations where it cannot reach targets 2.2 nm out ^^

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

Low speed makes a maddogges missile more likely to pick up a target

with a 3d cone search spiral, depending on angular overlap of the algorithm.

So obviously even more chance of this unrealistic behaviour occuring with 120's.

Only because there are 3 jets that use them...

No, because out of 77,120,ER,EM and ET it has the highest PK in the game. :)

Lots! The slower the missile is the closer the enemy gets to you for a return shot. Also increases the chance that he will hit you first and then run away. Another thing that hapens is that the AMRAAM has almost no escape zone in LOMAC. It can be outrunned and decoyed at any range. Even worse, in Lomac speed afects chaff rejection dramaticaly. The slower the missile is, the worse rejection. The 120 is the slowest of all radar missiles ingame.

I think everyone in Falcon, IL2 and WoW know about the 120's speed or lack of it in LO. What they don't know about is the ET's airbrake compared to its ER sister, but nobody brings that up. :)

Why you've brought speed into this I don't know, it has nothing to do with the fact that to launch a maddog AMRAAM in LO is taking advantage of the seeker not performing like a reallife seeker 'exactly' the same description that occurs with the ET.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

So obviously even more chance of this unrealistic behaviour occuring with 120's.

yep

can't say ET's have more PK or most kills because they are caried by 3 types of aircraft as ET's can be caried 2 per aircraft...120's are 8 per aircraft. I just hope someone finds a way to disable maddoging.

No longer active in DCS...