Radio comunication wingman/flight

FanOfALF

Hi!

I'm trying to fly some ship-strike missions with wingman or 4-ship, but I can't get them to engage ships. My radio is set correct, when I make order to engage ships (key F7 in the flight-part), but nothing happens. I don't even get a respond from them. What's wrong or what do I do wrong? There is a mission in the campaign with 4-ship, I can't get them to engage ships, nor in missions I create myself. Please can someone explain to me what's wrong. :helpsmilie:

Regards

FanOfALF

Haha,

I just wanted to open a thread right now, where I wanted to ask:

Is it possible to get AI Viggens to attack ships with RB-04/15 (AI-Version)?

Cause I am trying and trying, but my AI Viggens won't attack the ships.

Maybe it's just not possible right now, and I'm wasting lifetime again by finding out, whether this feature is missing or it's just me. :)

Edited by Vannipo

Haha,

I just wanted to open a thread right now, where I wanted to ask:

Is it possible to get AI Viggens to attack ships with RB-04/15 (AI-Version)?

Cause I am trying and trying, but my AI Viggens won't attack the ships.

Maybe it's just not possible right now, and I'm wasting lifetime by finding out, whether this feature is missing or it's just me. :)

Well it's quite annoying when a misson in the Viggen-campaign is a ship-strike misson with RB-04 and all in the flight carries them. I'ts only me who can deliver the RB-04. Feels like the others inte the flight are just there for show. :(

Regards

FanOfALF

It could be this issue: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=200624

Try giving Mavericks to your wingmen instead and see what happens, it's not ideal because the range is so short but it's better than them flying around doing nothing.

Thank's TLTeo for link to the thread and the advise. I'm afraid though to get too near the enemy ships, but will try it. :)

Regards

FanOfALF

Thank's TLTeo for link to the thread and the advise. I'm afraid though to get too near the enemy ships, but will try it. :)

You should still use RB04/15s, the loadout of each plane can be set separately. Personally until this is fixed I have settled on me carrying anti-ship missiles, 2 carrying 2 Rb75Ts, a jammer pod and a countermeasures pod, and 3/4 carrying 4 Rb75Ts.

You should still use RB04/15s, the loadout of each plane can be set separately. Personally until this is fixed I have settled on me carrying anti-ship missiles, 2 carrying 2 Rb75Ts, a jammer pod and a countermeasures pod, and 3/4 carrying 4 Rb75Ts.

That's a good idea letting some of them carrying jammer and countermeasures pods and Rb75:s. Will try that. Thank's!

Regards

FanOfALF

But there is no RB75 AI Version. Does it work with the usual RB75? Or the T/B?

They launch all of them against ships without a problem, it's only the dedicated anti-ship missiles that have a separate version for whatever reason. For anti-ship stuff I always have them carry the T since it has the largest warhead, and even then it obviously isn't quite as effective as more specialized weapons.

Sadly, my KI pilots get shot, cause they have to fly too close with the RB75 :D

How do you make your wingman deliver the Rb 75?

Don't know what I'm doing wrong, can't get my wingman to deliver the Rb 75 either. Trying different radiocommands, but wingman won't deliver. F7 - Engage ships - no respons. F1 - Engage enemy (or somethin like that) - respons "not able".

Regards

FanOfALF

How do you make your wingman deliver the Rb 75?

Don't know what I'm doing wrong, can't get my wingman to deliver the Rb 75 either. Trying different radiocommands, but wingman won't deliver. F7 - Engage ships - no respons. F1 - Engage enemy (or somethin like that) - respons "not able".

Just "Flight- engage ships" worked for me the last time I tried it (maybe a week ago).

• 1 month later...

I still can't get the wingman (or flight) to deliver weapons on ships. The radio is set up as i should be.

I'm using radio command F7 - Engage Ships. Happens nothing when I push F7, not even a respons from my wingman/flight. Other commands such as Engage - Ground Targets - I at least get at respons "Unable".

What's wrong? I can't find any assignment in the control assignment list. There is no assignment called Engage Ships. When I try to assign something els to F7, it won't even find that key. But when I scroll the list its there, but it won't show if I just press F7.

Please, do someone know what's wrong? :( I really need help on this. It's frustrating not to be able to use wingman/flights in anti-ship missions.

Regards

FanOfALF