Weapons Settings!?

flanker0ne

In the manual you can find:

The KMGU-2 electrical system ensures a regular time interval of 0.005, 0.2, 1.0 or 1.5 seconds Between Each cartridge release.

Now I know that is the same as what is written in the manual LOMAC/FC2 but I was wondering if this intervals could be managed in some way in the Ka-50. Possibly through the switches SHORT / MED / LONG or FAST / SLOW or perhaps by the ground crew as the stations of the ARK (NDB) via Lua mean.

It would also be useful to set a delay in the detonation of bombs FAB-250/500, as you can see in some videos of MI-24.

Edited by flanker0ne

It seems to be a very dumb bomb system

From Page 337

The release of sub-munitions from the KMGU dispensers takes place after 1.5 seconds after pressing the weapon release button.

That's the original release - I can test if the intervals change with flipping switches

ZoomBoy

My Flight Sims Page

- Link to My Blog - Sims and Things - DCS Stuff++

- Up-to-Speed Guides to the old Lockon A10A and Su-25T

- Some missions [needs update]

The 1,5 s for the release is the time that the doors need to be opened.

Yes I uderstand your point.

...show me the point of release, taking into account the 1.5s...

but looking at the deep way the weapons in the A-10C are implemented, my "standard" for the realism of the Ka-50 weapons increased proportionately.

I'm wrong somewhere?

I don't think much consideration was ever given to the Ka-50 in terms of bomb or submunition release. There's not even a proper bomb sight. Funnily enough though, if you switch to bombs and then dive about 85 degrees, you'll see a CCIP indicator swim onto the hud. :p Pretty worthless though, considering your already vertical.

Yes but reading around on Internet all the different kind of S-8 and S-13 Rocket not reproduced in Black Shark i found that also the KMGU-2 submunition is not all reproduced.

I agree with the ED behaviour on the Igla-V or AA-11 but on the A-G there's no excuse for not implementing all the weapons the Ka-50 can employ with all the settings for the weapons themselves.

Yes but reading around on Internet all the different kind of S-8 and S-13 Rocket not reproduced in Black Shark i found that also the KMGU-2 submunition is not all reproduced.

Did you look on here:-

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

KMGU240px-KMGU.jpg

KMGU container under a Czech Air Force MiG-23TypeSubmunition delivery systemPlace of originSoviet UnionService historyUsed bySoviet Air ForceWarsSoviet war in AfghanistanSpecificationsFilling96 (8×12) AO–2,5RT 2,5 kilogram-mass high explosive mines

96 (8×12) PTM–1 anti-tank mines

156 PFM–1S mines

KMGU ( Контейнер малогабаритных грузов унифицированные, Unified Container for Small-sized Load) is a Soviet munitions dispenser similar to the British JP233 and the German MW-1. It can be carried by most Soviet and Russian attack aircraft, including the MiG-23, the MiG-27, the MiG-29, the Su-22, the Su-24, the Su-25, the Su-27, the Su-30, and the Su-34 and the Mi-24, Ka-50 and the Ka-52 attack helicopter. The cylindrical aluminum fuselage is divided into 8 sections, each has its own pneumatically opened doors. It can be filled with:

• 96 (8×12) AO-2,5RT 2,5 kilogram-mass high explosive mines
  • 96 (8×12) PTM-1 anti-tank mines
  • 156 PFM-1S mines

KMGU-2 is an advanced version of the system. Convention on Certain Conventional Weapons restricts usage of such weapon systems.

I have no source for how the Kamov pilots aim the weapon? Anyone out there know? In the DCS training video, the standby HUD is shown. Perhaps the Mil rads would help:smilewink:

The weapon is compared to the JP233!!! Bet the GR4 lads dont use a standby reticle?

Employing the KMGU-2...I think it could be compared to a WW1 biplane dropping early ordinance! But ya gotta marvel at the "effect" of those munitions when they go off, unhealthy if your under them:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

Didn't know there was a FAE for the Shark! Its not modelled ( is it ?):music_whistling:

Hmmm wonder when you would deploy that one?:P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

That is not the point, the FAE submunition is not important, at least for me.

What I' m focusing my attention on the settings for the freefall weapons like KMGU and FAB-250/500, if we are able in some way to change the drop timings of the first and posticipate the detonation of the seconds.

Or maybe this can be added to some Whishlist.

Edited by flanker0ne

The idea of being bombed by the Shark is quite funny..."Hey guys, there's a helicopter approaching at about 150mph and it's going to fly right over our heads...Let's finish these beers then manpad it..."

Intel i7 6700k, Asus GTX1070, 16gb DDR4 @ 3200mhz, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung Evo 850 SSD @ 500GB * 2, TrackIR 5 and 27" monitor running at 2560 * 1440, Windows 10.

@Conur 1)I'm talking about a Ka-50 flyed in the right way, below 20 meter in approach popup just before bombing and back to 10 m after.

2) Yeah you right but in the Russian attack Doctrine, while the tanks advance, and enemy's entrenched infantry hold the heads down, a strafe of UPK-23 or a bomb run with KMGU-2 with FAE is really NASTY!!!

3)We know that the life over 10000 feet is easier than at 200 m, where everything can kill you!

@isoul

I miss the S-8 with Chaff, hope that after the new entry of Chaff with the A-10C ,with the calculation of how a radar deal with, we can have a little protection from our S-8PM.

Edited by flanker0ne
  • Like 1

@isoul

I miss the S-8 with Chaff, hope that after the new entry of Chaff with the A-10C ,with the calculation of how a radar deal with, we can have a little protection from our S-8PM.

Great idea. I always believed that since the Ka-50 has a somewhat narrow variety of guided missiles, implementing more rocket variants would be great. Frag, A/T, smoke, illumination are good but there are some usefull variants left out like the S-8DM(FAE variant), S-8BM(Penetrating variant), S-8PM(Chaff variant). Same goes for S-13 rocket too.