[REPORTED] Gunsight disappears now?

Wideboy

Yup, its still breaking for me. Oddly, its coming up as a failure in the flight logs, so its something happening inside the engine that says "the gunsight will break" though nothing happens outside of a normal flight regime besides power changes needing a quick adjustment of rudder trim...

The Oni abides, man✌️

• ED Team
Yup, its still breaking for me. Oddly, its coming up as a failure in the flight logs, so its something happening inside the engine that says "the gunsight will break" though nothing happens outside of a normal flight regime besides power changes needing a quick adjustment of rudder trim...

If it's coming up in the logs, then the mission you are flying could have random failures on. I think the bug itself doesn't show in the logs, least it didn't for me when I tested it.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

If it's coming up in the logs, then the mission you are flying could have random failures on. I think the bug itself doesn't show in the logs, least it didn't for me when I tested it.

It would be quite odd as its broken not-so-randomly every time flying the same mission. Now I just leave the bugger turned off until I have the target in sight and click it off after a couple passes.

But thanks for checking into this. I'm running a gunsight mod now to see if it alleviates the issue, and we'll go from there!

The Oni abides, man✌️

My sight just failed, so I guess not.

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

Try this track - hope it works. Sight fails while I'm in time acceleration at the end of the track in the third Spitfire I use. In the first Spitfire it is gone shortly but there I switched it off.

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

I have loaded up this exact mission from the Burning Skies server in Mission Editor and confirmed there are no random failures enabled at all.

I also have a video of it happening I can send you if you want to tell me how you would like me to get it to you. I don't see how to upload video on here.

My video is a perfect example, because rather then happening well into or at the end of the flight, the gun-site suddenly disappears right after take off. Then I loop around and land, show me flipping the gun-site switch on and off several times then try to run a repair several times to no avail showing that there is no damage or failure with the plane itself. After it will not repair, I go back to spec, jump back into the same spit, flip the switch and the gun site shows up.

Several people have been complaining about this in chat everyday that I play for a couple of weeks now and both they and I have cleared metashaders before flying and it still occurs.

Thanks,