AACQ not displaying L&S symbol and doesn't perform NCTR

Jak525

AACQ not displaying L&S symbol and doesn't perform NCTR

If a target is locked with AACQ, the target rank is not replaced by the L&S star on the RDR page; instead, the rank simply disappears and only the top part of the HAFU symbol remains (chevron, staple etc). However, the L&S star shows up on the SA page.

Furthermore, if a target is locked with AACQ instead of the TDC, although the radar is in STT mode, it does not perform NCTR on the target. The SA page continues to display Unknown.

Tested on OB 2.5.4.30386, Caucasus map, air start, no mods.

Track attached.

FA-18C_AACQ_noL&S_noNCTR.trk

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

I had a similar experience.

I was doing some ACM combat training missions and was not able get IFF ID on targets lock on my radar with the sensor depress switch.. In short, I committed my first francitide ever by shooting down my wingman.

A case of 2 Su3 vs 2 Hornet.

Does it require a second lock to STT(second lock) in ACM to get IFF on a lock target? In my case I did not do a second lock.

I would have to do the mission again and check with a second lock.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

I had a similar experience.

I was doing some ACM combat training missions and was not able get IFF ID on targets lock on my radar with the sensor depress switch.. In short, I committed my first francitide ever by shooting down my wingman.

A case of 2 Su3 vs 2 Hornet.

Does it require a second lock to STT(second lock) in ACM to get IFF on a lock target? In my case I did not do a second lock.

I would have to do the mission again and check with a second lock.

I haven't had problems running IFF on bandits I locked with ACM, provided they were still somewhat in front of my nose.

You have the IFF antennas at the nose (also called bird slicers), so you won't be able to run an IFF interrogation if the bandit is at a high aspect angle, which is common during dogfights.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-

I haven't had problems running IFF on bandits I locked with ACM, provided they were still somewhat in front of my nose.

You have the IFF antennas at the nose (also called bird slicers), so you won't be able to run an IFF interrogation if the bandit is at a high aspect angle, which is common during dogfights.

I have always had the notion this was not a bug but something I fail to do or remember on my part. So combining mode 4 interrogation with ntcr to get enemy print, the target needs to be at an offset of 30 degrees of my aircraft. It clicks now remembering that from Wag's video.

Roger that Harker, thanks and Wilco.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

NCTR don't work in all ACM mode but it must work no?

I'm not sure if it does IRL, but I guess it should. You're locking the target in STT, at the end of the day.

Don't forget that NCTR requires that the radar sees the target from ±30° aspect from the front or back, for a few seconds. During ACM, this could be hard to achieve.

-

• 10 months later...

AACQ does not perform NCTR

Furthermore, if a target is locked with AACQ instead of the TDC, although the radar is in STT mode, it does not perform NCTR on the target. The SA page continues to display Unknown.

Track attached.

*Bump*

Noticed this today as well, on all maps in the Hornet. AACQ locks to STT do not produce a NCTR result.

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display