Enter "uncontrolled" aircraft

dresoccer4

quick question: so normally when I set up mission editor missions, if i'm flying around in my main aircraft i can F2 to another aircraft on my team and press RAlt+J to enter that aircraft, even if it's a different type.

however if i have some aircraft sitting on the ramp and they are labeled "uncontrolled" in the ME, i can't RAlt+J into them. it says "unable to enter aircraft: plane control is not available". however if that same plane is then activated via a trigger or something, i can then enter it.

does anyone know how I can enter and fly planes on the ramp? my goal is to set up a sort of menagerie mission where i can check out all my sweet rides, then pick one to enter and fly around. currently havn't figured out a way for the planes to just sit there, but be available if i need them

thanks for any tips!

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

Set up your menagerie as client slots, you can switch between these slots in single player

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

Set up your menagerie as client slots, you can switch between these slots in single player

thanks for the response. but when i set it up like that, all of the planes are invisible until you enter one. so can't really have a nice display or showroom with all your sweet rides.

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

LOL just place the client aircraft in addition to your sweet ride displays :)

EDIT

oh, wait. i get your meaning now. nm my response.

i mean, this could be a temp work around. have alternating uncontrolled (visible) and client (invisible) planes on the ramp next to each other. you could see the uncontrolled ones, but then if you wanted you could jump into a client one.

was trying to think of another way around, by possibly using triggers to activate an uncontrolled plane, then possibly RAlt+J into it? not sure i that can even happen...

i mean, this could be a temp work around. have alternating uncontrolled (visible) and client (invisible) planes on the ramp next to each other. you could see the uncontrolled ones, but then if you wanted you could jump into a client one.

was trying to think of another way around, by possibly using triggers to activate an uncontrolled plane, then possibly RAlt+J into it? not sure i that can even happen...

Easiest way is Client planes and Uncontrolled planes as just scenery that you do not fly.

ESC + Choose Slot + Fly is just as easy as ALT+J - with the added benefit of not having to restart the mission if you crash an ALT+J plane. Just choose the plane again in the slot selection.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
On 4/20/2019 at 5:33 PM, ctguy1955 said:

Alt j has not worked for me sense the F14 and updates.

I tried client and that did not work either

I've also been struggling with this. It use to work when i would host a server but now doesnt. Have you found a fix by chance?