Persian Gulf F-18 Training Mission

You will need - Persian Gulf Map; F-18. You can also fly F-15 and F-14 as CAP flights.

Mission briefing covers the comms and waypoint descriptions.

This mission is configured to help you setup a standard cadence for take off, A2A Refuel, A2G drop, A2A SA and carrier pattern with landing. You start the mission on the hot ramp awaiting takeoff behind 2 14 Tomcats leaving for CAP duties for Texaco and Overlord. You are tasked to take out an Armed barracks on Siri Island.

Initial setup is with Mavericks for A2G on your jet. Colt 1-2 is setup with SEAD to address any ground based radar threats. Feel free to switch up ordinance as you see fit. I've run this mission with Mavs, conventional bombs (CCIP and auto) and rockets. Colt flight will start with less than 50% gas and no bags, so at least 1 A2A refuel required or you likely be taking a long swim back to the boat :).

The mission is pretty open ended so it *should* work with Multiplayer for training. There are enough CAP patrols where you may get pinged by red AC, but won't have to engage to complete the mission.

You can also switch up which flight is Pilot flown to get in some A2A if you have the F15 or F14 planes.

**** THIS IS A TRAINING FLIGHT, NOT ADRENALIN ALLEY - It's not meant to do anything but give a cadence to mission operations and use of the jet. There are no triggers or surprises - just fly, fight, and above all have fun.

I also attached a simple CAT I recovery with the boat 10-12NM off your nose, steaming north at 27kts. There are some other great trainers (Bankler's for example), but I found I kept reading how I was doing instead of flying the jet, so I made this one to let me focus. There are no ups or extras in the CAT I file. This file is set in the Caucasas map, so anyone can use it if you have the F-18 or other carrier based plane. Mission briefing has the info for the carrier.

Hopefully these help someone out there...

Nagilem

Training Day.miz

Case 1 Landing.miz

Edited by Nagilem

:pilotfly: Specs: I9-9900k; ROG Strix RTX 2080ti; Valve Index HMD; 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram; Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD; TM Warthog with pedals, 3 TM MFDs