FPS stutter in MP after the FPS-hotfix

MikeMikeJuliet

Hello!

On MP my game started doing serious, constant FPS suttering after the latest hotfix (that supposedly fixed the FPS problems caused by simultanious rendering of FLIR, DMT and TPOD).

Strange thing is that this happens on MP regardless of aircraft. This did not happen just prior to downloading the update.

The stutter is constant regardless of aircraft or camera-mode (F2 camera, aerodrome-camera or spectating other players), not just with the Harrier, so I'm currently unable to fly MP at all in openbeta.

Should I report this on the 1.5. subforums since this clearly affects the whole game, not just the Harrier - though the Hotfix was clearly what caused it?

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

DCS Finland | SF squadron

It seems to be a MP loading problem. When you load the mission, immediately disconnect and reload it. That usually gets rid of my stutters although sometimes I have to back out and get back in once more. PITA but it works.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

Same here. Really bad stuttering in MP (using VR) after the hotfix. Before the hotfix my framerate was ok. I have only flown Harrier in 1.5 so I do not know if any other modules are affected.

System:

Windows 10 | i7-7700K @ 4.5 Ghz | 32GB of RAM | Nvidia GTX 1080, 3440x1440 | DELL Ultrawide U3415W | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 and 2 TB Seagate Barracuda | TM Warthog Hotas | SLAW F-16 Pedals | Oculus Rift CV1 and HTC Vive PRO VR

+ High fidelity F/A-18C simpit :)

What kind of stutter do you have exactly ? I had something like mili second paused but my FPS was fine untill DCS crash and made my SSD drive (DCS installed in SSD) undetected temporarily untill I rebooted my pc, which was really scary

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Same for me.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Hello!

Strange thing is that this happens on MP regardless of aircraft. This did not happen just prior to downloading the update.

If it involves all aircraft then the problem is in the MP code.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

It seems to be a MP loading problem. When you load the mission, immediately disconnect and reload it. That usually gets rid of my stutters although sometimes I have to back out and get back in once more. PITA but it works.

Worked, reconnecting twice got rid of all stutters. Thanks a lot! :thumbup:

It didn't work for me completely. The stutters are not as severe after one or two reconnects, but certainly there.

I'll post the issue on the 1.5. version bugs-subforum just to be sure.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

DCS Finland | SF squadron