[DCS World: BS2] Ricardo's Upgraded HD Cockpit Mods

Of course. It's very easy.

I checked original file, it seems swapped too. So; What's your opinion? Swap it?

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

New to modding and skinning

Devrim, both you and Ricardo are doing a fantastic job. They are works of art.

I am new to the hobby of making all sorts of adjustments to these files. So my question may have been answered already. I have only spent hours searching these threads, not months.

When you make mods to pits, instruments, systems, mirrors, etc., do you start with a layered file like .psd for Photoshop? If so, where do you find those? The only thing available are the skins templates that cover the major exterior.

I know all of the .bmp and .dds files are in the program, but these are a single layer and cannot be extruded into their once original layered properties.

Do you convert the .dds files into a .bmp and then work on top of them, building your own layers in Photoshop?

Thanks for any help/advise. Keep modeling. :pilotfly:

As long as we're fixing switches, can we fix the INU UPDATE switch to have the correct labels? The up position should be labeled "I-251", since in that position the I-251 "Shkval" is used to mark the fixpoint. The bottom position should be labeled "OFLY", since in that position, the helicopter must overfly the fix point.

"INU UPDATE" describes what the switch does, but not what each position does.

Tim "Stretch" Morgan

72nd VFW, 617th VFS

Other handles: Strikeout (72nd VFW, 15th MEU Realism Unit), RISCfuture (BMS forums)

PC and Peripherals: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/RISCfuture/saved/#view=DMp6XL

Win10 x64 — BMS — DCS — P3D

Devrim, both you and Ricardo are doing a fantastic job. They are works of art.

I am new to the hobby of making all sorts of adjustments to these files. So my question may have been answered already. I have only spent hours searching these threads, not months.

When you make mods to pits, instruments, systems, mirrors, etc., do you start with a layered file like .psd for Photoshop? If so, where do you find those? The only thing available are the skins templates that cover the major exterior.

I know all of the .bmp and .dds files are in the program, but these are a single layer and cannot be extruded into their once original layered properties.

Do you convert the .dds files into a .bmp and then work on top of them, building your own layers in Photoshop?

Thanks for any help/advise. Keep modeling. :pilotfly:

Hi Crashmo, thank you. Actually these questions are for RICARDO who is the first creator of cockpit mod. But if I write something, I may say that -yes- I convert RICARDO's .dds files to .bmp and editing them via Photoshop. In time, some layers are being created by me and I keep editing them for new cockpit views.

As far as I know, there's no any cockpit template to edit/create new cockpits. I think RICARDO does create his own graphics for cockpit mods.

As long as we're fixing switches, can we fix the INU UPDATE switch to have the correct labels? The up position should be labeled "I-251", since in that position the I-251 "Shkval" is used to mark the fixpoint. The bottom position should be labeled "OFLY", since in that position, the helicopter must overfly the fix point.

Oh yes, I think this (or similar one) was argued before. You're right. May be the attached file can work for now. That was a quick work. Later I can make it better.

You may move Ka-50 inscripts.dds file into ".../DCS World/Mods/aircrafts/Ka-50/Cockpit/Resources/Model/Textures/Cockpit-Ka-50 Textures.zip"

Ka-50 inscripts.rar

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5

Nice work Devrim, many thanks.

Intel i7-3770K,Windows 10 64,Noctua NH-U12S ,ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ,G.Skill 32GB DDR3 2400,EVGA GTX 1080,ADATA XPG900x2 RAID 0, CM HAF XB Case,Thrustmaster Warthog,Combat Rudder Pedals,Logitech G930 with wireless TrackIR 5, 39" Insignia LED 120Hz Monitor, Oculus Rift

Hello,

I would like to know if it's possible to show the difference "before & after" in sceenshots of the INU Update ?

I possess the G-Blue pit of Devrim and I do not see this bug, please can you show me one screenshot with "before and after" ?

PS: I'm very sorry for my poor Englis, best regards. Skull

Of course. It's very easy.

I checked original file, it seems swapped too. So; What's your opinion? Swap it?

Honestly, I'm not positive. I think they should be swapped, but it'd be really nice if someone with real-life experience with the ADF system could offer some insight. The argument the guy made in the thread I linked makes sense to me, but he could be wrong, and I'm fairly clueless.

Thanks for the INU update fix! That one's bugged me for even longer =)

Honestly, I'm not positive. I think they should be swapped, but it'd be really nice if someone with real-life experience with the ADF system could offer some insight. The argument the guy made in the thread I linked makes sense to me, but he could be wrong, and I'm fairly clueless.

Thanks for the INU update fix! That one's bugged me for even longer =)

Ok. I'll look at that. Thanks.

...please can you show me one screenshot with "before and after"?...

Hi friend.

Here the difference Skulleader.

Before(1) and after(2).

attachment.php?attachmentid=84557

Best wishes...

Screen_130707_000155.jpg.bff85b429fa7c47cfb3f561d70109283.jpg

Edited by Devrim

Hey Devrim, thanks as always for the continued work on this mod. It's still my favorite cockpit mod by far =)

While researching an ABRIS function, I came across this little gem. Based on what that guy says, the TLG and TLF (telegraph and telephone) modes are swapped: the up position is telegraph mode (filters out the base signal) and the down position is telephone mode.

I can't seem to find much information on these two broadcast modes via google. Perhaps a real-life pilot/NDB expert can shed some light on this. Anyway, if that guy is correct, it'd be a simple fix, right?

OK, I checked it out, here's what I found:

- In the Russian and American textures, the TLF position is the top position.

- This real-life manual for the ARK-22 ( http://aviadocs.net/RLE/Mi-26T/Cd3/system/ark22/APK22-1.pdf ) shows that TLF is the top position (p. 78).

- In the top (TLF) position, I hear only unsquelched static. In the bottom (TLG) position, I hear a carrier wave and the Morse code station identifier.

- Section 1.3.2 of that manual describes the operation of the switch. Do we have a native Russian speaker who can translate? As best I can tell, it says that the TLF position is used to listen to AM ADF radio stations, and the TLG position is used to listen to FM ADF radio stations. The Ka-50 sim manual implies that all ADF stations in the sim are FM.

- Note that section 1.3.2 says this switch is only used for LISTENING to the morse code identifier. The ADF, in compass mode, will provide a bearing to the station regardless of switch position.

So, if I'm correct -- and PLEASE have a native speaker verify -- then probably the best names for the switch positions are "AM" and "FM", with "AM" being the top position.

Tim "Stretch" Morgan

72nd VFW, 617th VFS

Other handles: Strikeout (72nd VFW, 15th MEU Realism Unit), RISCfuture (BMS forums)

PC and Peripherals: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/RISCfuture/saved/#view=DMp6XL

Win10 x64 — BMS — DCS — P3D

...probably the best names for the switch positions are "AM" and "FM", with "AM" being the top position.
Hmm. Good point. And of course that's slightly a different approach.

Thanks Stretch. I would re-work on that area to change them as "AM" and "FM". But some may want to see the labels as possible as closer to the original terms.

Let's see... I can do it how people decide. :joystick:

Hello dear Devrim,

Once again a great great thanks for your explanations and the screenshot, now I can use the fix for my G-Blue Pit...

Have a good day and best regards. Skull

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks.

By the way, I've tidied up first post. I removed my Blue-thing Cockpit. :)

There's just my cockpit work (based on Ricardo's pit).

Thanks.

By the way, I've tidied up first post. I removed my Blue-thing Cockpit. :)

There's just my cockpit work (based on Ricardo's pit).

Is that just because it has it's own thread or is there some other reason?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98749

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

I just installed the HD cockpit but I don't care for the "dirty glass" mod. Which files do I need to replace to get the default glass back into the pit?

Thank for any info.

EDIT: I found it, Thank you.

Edited by Mike Busutil

Hello dear Devrim,

I've tested your last HD Black Cockpit and I can say that it's a great and awesome work !!!

I really love this new black version and I've added your Mod "Dirty Glass" and like that is perfect !!!

Once again congratulation for your work, I wish you a very good day...

Best regards. Skull

Is that just because it has it's own thread or is there some other reason? http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98749
Oh my! I completely forgot that thread. :D

Actually I removed, because I thought it wasn't necessary anymore (after Ricardo's Blue Pit). And, to me, I think I would use Ric's pit. :)

I just installed the HD cockpit but I don't care for the "dirty glass" mod. Which files do I need to replace to get the default glass back into the pit?...
Oh Mike! I'm so sorry. I renewed many dds files but windows.dds :) I missed it. I've just updated mod rar again ten minutes ago with standard windows.dds.

By the way, dirty windows that you've seen is not my mod (it was belong to diveplane I guess). I'd like you to check my [DCSW: BS2] KA-50 Dirty Windows Mod. :)

Sorry again, and thank you.

Hello dear Devrim,

I've tested your last HD Black Cockpit and I can say that it's a great and awesome work !!!

I really love this new black version and I've added your Mod "Dirty Glass" and like that is perfect !!! Once again congratulation for your work, I wish you a very good day...

Best regards. Skull

Thank you so much Skulleader. :)

Please don't get me wrong people; But, when somebody thanks me, I want to share it with Ricardo. Cockpit work is originally belongs to him. :)

Thanks.

Edited by Devrim

Please don't get me wrong people; But, when somebody thanks me, I want to share it with Ricardo. Cockpit work is originally belongs to him.
Hi,

Yes of course I never forget Ricardo because he has created a real chef d'oeuvre with these cockpits. :clap_2:

In fact in this communauty there's many many ARTISTS and without your ideas, creations, talents and kindness DCS would be a little sad... :confused:

So a great tribute for all these awesome ARTISTS because our DCS is more beautiful and amazing each time that you created on new Mods and that you share with us. :beer:

Bye dear Devrim, Skull. :notworthy::thumbsup: notworthy.gifthumbsup.gif

Oh my! I completely forgot that thread. :D

Actually I removed, because I thought it wasn't necessary anymore (after Ricardo's Blue Pit). And, to me, I think I would use Ric's pit. :)

hehe, just call me hound-dog, always sniffing out things people have forgotten about ;)

I didn't actually realise that Ricardo had released a Blue Pit (hard to keep track of all the mods!) but I've found it now thanks. Sure, there's no point duplicating each other's work :)

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok. Sorry for delay. We have two little corrections, reported by Toby.

Updated 1st post to place fix zip file.

Thank you Toby. :)

Ve2qG.jpg.6d9d7c04c8f3782cb1935dfd30f591d6.jpg

KqaIG.jpg.e2ba3ae26faea18033a26fac3d027c52.jpg