Announcing Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3

Wags

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly I am very disapointed to read only F-15C is getting new external model and new cockpit and 6DoF (and cockpit shaddows), this will now be very large contrast to Su-27, Su-33 and MiG-29 which both still have crappy old external model and most basic cockpit... would it be so hard to at least incorporate already existing 3d model of Su-27 done by 3GO?

I don't mind the price, in fact I would gladly pay more if Su-27, Su-33 and MiG-29 were done in same way as F-15C, it would at least make big diference between FC2 and FC3, right now it's so 1 sided

Unless there is surpirse when FC3 comes out where there will be upgrades to Russian aircraft also, this FC3 will not make me a happy simmer.

Edited by Kuky

No longer active in DCS...

Expanded theatre of operations map into eastern Georgia.

So.....what does this mean?

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Thanks Wags and team completly fair charge and just to keep you guys working on it is totaly worth every penny.

The fact of the matter is people, theres only 4 major flight sims out there...

DCS World

FSX this one I know of people spending thousands of dollars on improvements not even done by Micro$oft!

Rise of Flight Hundreds of Dollars on this one!

Cliffs of Dover and of course the big failure on this one so far.

:joystick::thumbup:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

So.....what does this mean?

It means that the Flaming Cliff map will now grow the same way Black Shark's map grew when they moved the aircraft into the DCS Warthog (now World) map with the release of Black Shark 2.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Like it or not ... Lock On is an established brand and it has its public recognition. Its a wise decision and a reason why many companies rather use older IPs than introduce brand new ones. One suggestion would be for ED to release FC3 as DCS: airforce or something....but I guess there are other legal implications involving the specific aircraft, the FM used, the graphics used etc in Lock On which prohibits ED from using those assets without branding of UBIs Lock On brand.

Either way... surprised to see the hostility here with regards to this announcement. People don't recognize that ED is such a small developer that has salaries to pay for all the development for a hobby which all of us are interested in. If they keep releasing everything for free, they will go the way of Microsoft Flight studio. Moreover, if there are companies like Activision who release the same freaking call of duty for 10 years in a row without any major updates at all, why does ED have to be held up to higher standards inspite of them being a niche developer? A personal suggestion: If you guys want more from ED and more amazing products in the DCS line...support them and don't complain about the 40$ price tag for FC3. Just remember console games run 60$+....and bottom line: Its your money... don't buy it if you don't want it.

• Like 1

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

ED are only allowed to make addons for LOMAC, FC3 is an addon in that it requires LOMAC in order to function. UBI does not own FC2 only LOMAC.

Nate

Lets see,by this statement if UBI owns only the rights to Only Lomac.Not FC2,there should be no reason why you would need the Original Lockon

You said *UBI does not Own FC2* by this ED owns FC2 and FC3, just need FC2 to work with the game.

Nobody does it like these guys. They put others to shame. At $39.99, half of those features, and it would still be a bargain. It would be a travesty of unimaginable proportions if such a cockpit as beautiful as the F-15C's were not clickable, and the AFM were not incorporated.

I personally can't get over how freaking amazing the F-15C cockpit looks. Man! it would be nice to see my fav fighter Su27 flanker / Su33 Flanker to get this kind of a 3d cockpit upgrade. :)

oh! Can we get the pilot model in the cockpit option? :)

Edited by Witchking

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

It would be a travesty of unimaginable proportions if such a cockpit as beautiful as the F-15C's were not clickable, and the AFM were not incorporated.

Unless I am mistaken, it has been stated that the F-15C in Flaming Cliffs 3 does not have a clickable cockpit. That is a trait of a DCS aircraft.

The clickable cockpits are a DCS feature.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

It will be nice to have te F15 back fly'n cover for us mud movers....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

I can not be the only one truly astounded at how many times the same question has been asked, and might I add, answered. On one page, only to have the same person, re-post a different phrasing of it?

Be happy they're still chugging. Flight sims aren't exactly a big market in the industry these days. They have families to feed. As well as a community that has been breed to be the pickiest of all gaming communities.

I can't wait to see the new changes ED. Keep it up.

STT Radar issue is leftover code.

Wouldn't it be great if ED left Ubi with its LockOn series, and released DCS: F-15C Eagle?

This way, we didn't have to install legacy LockOn: Modern Air Combat, and ED had enough time to finish one high-fidelity aircraft, instead of a bunch of mid-fidelity birds!

Do we have the ability to buy only one aircraft from the collection?

I just care about F-15C Eagle, so, I have to install all other aircrafts?

Let's fly together for the sake of peace :)

Where do you even buy lock on these days? I found 4 new ones from amazon but they won't ship to my country.

This is going to be a big problem with this release. I feel like it will lead to significantly less sales due to the requirement of having a ten year old game bought and installed to run FC3.

http://www.reddit.com/r/hoggit

Hoggit 1st Fighter Wing

Weekly training missions on Tuesday nights, missions on Saturdays!

TS3: hoggit.us

This is going to be a big problem with this release. I feel like it will lead to significantly less sales due to the requirement of having a ten year old game bought and installed to run FC3.

Unless there is a destination restriction, as in Leafer's case, there seem to be quite a few vendors to choose from (especially if a used copy is acceptable). This is just Amazon US.

lockonamazonus.jpg