iControl DCS - iPad Virtual Cockpit

boarder2

actual price for android version?

So,

What is the actual price for the android version? It says it's free but not functional, unless you buy each one individually as in app purchases.Even on the Google play store someone is asking about the price but without any response from anybody.Lubos just put one out for about 5 bucks. So what is the price? Anyone?

I'm asking because I'm actually interested but i like to know what I'm in for before i download anything.I know that the Ipad version goes for 30 bucks total.( i'm guessing that's it as i don't know if it has in app purchases).

If i humm and haw over this anymore my wife will think I've got a respiratory disease.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Change CDU background color?

I use iControl on an Nvidia Surround setup with the MFD's in the extreme left and right bottom corners of the outside monitors.

I would like to use the CDU functionality as well, but I find that unlike the MFDs which do not let in any of the "background" (i.e. parts of the cockpit or sky depending on where my TrackIR5 is positioned), the CDU sends the background through to the iPad making it VERY hard to read.

Is there a way to make the background solid behind the CDU on-screen so it mirrors to the iPad the same way?

Thanks!

Wazoo

Edited by Wazoo

i7-7700k

eVGA 1080 Ti

Win 10 Pro

Samsung Odyssey WMR

Warthog HOTAS

I have downloaded the free version to test that it works on the ipad before purchasing, however I'm having problems with it. Two problems in fact.

1. The app is showing as being connected but none of the buttons in game are responding to press in the app. When I click force update under scripts within the Virtual cockpit server it states unable to locate your options.lua file, you will need to set resolution manually in DCS. Nothing about scripts that connect the app to the game.

I have seen references in this thread to people saying click tools and updating, however there is not Tools menu within the Virtual Cockpit Server.

2. I have 3 monitors. I have the MFCD locations set up in the Display section of the Virtual cockpit server on the right hand monitor and the cockpit in the center monitor.

I have selected Virtual cockpit from the options within DCS but it is just showing the selected areas on my desktop within the app and not the MFCDs. How should I be setting the screen options within DCS?

It would be great to get this up and running!!

• 2 weeks later...
Is there a way to make the background solid behind the CDU on-screen so it mirrors to the iPad the same way?

I'm not aware of any way to change that. The best I'm aware that you can do is resize the main cockpit down a little bit so there's a black area that you can put the CDU on. If someone knows of a way to change it so it exports with a non-transparent background I'd love to change it, but I'm guessing that doesn't really exist since it just draws on top of the texture in the cockpit in the simulator.

iControl DCS/DCS Virtual Cockpit - Full featured iPad Cockpit - Now with Android support!

A10 Virtual Cockpit Free - Free limited functionality version of iControl DCS!

DCS Virtual Cockpit - Android version!

Follow on Twitter for all the latest news

What is the actual price for the android version?

The price varies by location. If you select the "Unlock Features" option in the menu, it should show the prices in the list. If not, please let me know so I can try to figure out why it's not.

iControl DCS/DCS Virtual Cockpit - Full featured iPad Cockpit - Now with Android support!

however I'm having problems with it. Two problems in fact.

If you're still having problems, please open a ticket by clicking the support option on the left side of http://bit-shift.com/icontroldcs/index.html

• 2 months later...
I'm building kind of a home cockpit and this app (with a tablet) will certainly be a part of it. I have a question though, what are the differences between iOS and Android version? Can you please list the differences. I don't have a tablet yet, my choice depends on differences.

And also, do I certainly need a 2nd monitor for this? Can't I just use CDU (for example) without it's own screen?

Right now the Android version is missing some of the functionality that the iPad app has, such as radios and pretty much anything with a switch or a dial.

You can perform a cold start from the iPad, but can't from the Android app.

I'm trying to work on a better way to manipulate dials and such in the Android app, but I haven't had much free time lately so it's slow going.

You need a black/blank screen area to export the CDU to, unfortunately there's no way around that right now since it's just how the sim works. Generally that's done with a second monitor but some people have gotten virtual monitors to work and serve the same purpose.

Hope that helps!

why don't you make the connection over usb?

Hardware interfaces for iOS/Apple devices require a lot of certification and whatnot, so that wasn't an option. At that point, I'd prefer to only maintain one code base for everything, so here we are :)

I think WiFi works well enough providing you don't have a lot of other traffic on the network.

I suppose it might be possible to do it on Android... Maybe in the future. Don't hold your breath, though :)

• 1 month later...

New issue with CDU

Hi, Boarder, I'm having a new issue but not sure when it happened. I'm using the up to date version of DCS World. Ive been using the cdu on my ipad mini for well over a year now without problems.

As in the attached pics, when I open up virtual cockpit server and edit display to add in the cdu (ps I never use the mfcd's - just used here to show working normally) it shows on the screen but during the game the cdu does not show but the mfcd's do show!

PS the correct coordinates are shown in the Virtual cockpit server lua in Notepad++ so I can't see where else I'm going wrong. In game correct Resolution is set, Aspect ratio is 0.91 and Monitors is set to A-10C virtual cockpit server. Strangely the cdu keys on the ipad work as normal (as digits show on the cdu/mfcd/ufc in game!! its just the visble export isn't on my second screen and therefore not on my iPad either. I've also tried a repair without luck.

Any ideas? Thanks

20140922_205122.thumb.jpg.b60845bda7492cdb4647381913532f2f.jpg

20140922_205232.thumb.jpg.f0a5728546fe34d046921e8841a0d1ed.jpg

Edited by mr_mojo97

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Hi, Boarder, I'm having a new issue but not sure when it happened. I'm using the up to date version of DCS World. Ive been using the cdu on my ipad mini for well over a year now without problems.

As in the attached pics, when I open up virtual cockpit server and edit display to add in the cdu (ps I never use the mfcd's - just used here to show working normally) it shows on the screen but during the game the cdu does not show but the mfcd's do show!

PS the correct coordinates are shown in the Virtual cockpit server lua in Notepad++ so I can't see where else I'm going wrong. In game correct Resolution is set, Aspect ratio is 0.91 and Monitors is set to A-10C virtual cockpit server. Strangely the cdu keys on the ipad work as normal (as digits show on the cdu/mfcd/ufc in game!! its just the visble export isn't on my second screen and therefore not on my iPad either. I've also tried a repair without luck.

Any ideas? Thanks

Seems as though the change mentioned here is biting us. I'll work on getting this patched in the server ASAP. Expect something by the end of this weekend!

Did I say end of the weekend? I meant RIGHT NOW! Go get your hog on!

v5.1 supports World 1.2.10 (Whatever patch changes the aircrafts directory). Previous versions of World aren't supported any more, so if you haven't upgraded yet, don't upgrade the VC Server until you do.

Enjoy!

http://bit-shift.com/a10vcserver/index.html

No luck mate, I installed the 64 bit server from your link but the cdu still isn't fixed. I'm running the latest DCSW 1.2.10 build.

Is it just taking a while for it to show on iTunes or something? Your page on iTunes still shows version 4.1. Cheers

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

No luck mate, I installed the 64 bit server from your link but the cdu still isn't fixed. I'm running the latest DCSW 1.2.10 build.

Is it just taking a while for it to show on iTunes or something? Your page on iTunes still shows version 4.1. Cheers

Did you force a script update after installing? Try doing that.

A new app for devices isn't required, just a new server version.

Yeah I tried that several times. I get all green lights too. Still can't get it to work.

Yeah I tried that several times. I get all green lights too. Still can't get it to work.

Can you open a support ticket by clicking the support tab on the left side of the page here http://bit-shift.com/icontroldcs/index.html

I'll help ya out there. Thanks!

I'll be purchasing this app as soon as my new ipad gets here on 9/30

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

Hey here boarder, i was wondering what features are not availableon the android platform that are available in the ipad. And if the was an eta on the additonal functionality? Thanks for any info =)

Asrock z68 Extreme4Gen3

Intel i5-2500K

8GB ram

EVGA GTX 770 4GB

Creative Recon3d Fatality Champion

HDD's

320 GB Maxtor 7200RPM (OS and misc system files)

1 TB Hitachi 7200 RPM (games and music, storage)

64 GB Sandisk u100 SSD (Star Wars and DCS world 1.2.7)

Trackir 4

Saitek X65F:joystick:

Saitek X52 (Use flightstick for helo and WWII Sims, but X65 throttle)

CH Pro pedals

Thrustmaster MFD's

Logitech X5500 Speakers

Sennheiser PC360 Headphones

Win 7 Home Premium (64 Bit)

Hey here boarder, i was wondering what features are not availableon the android platform that are available in the ipad. And if the was an eta on the additonal functionality? Thanks for any info =)

Some stuff like the radios and the cold start panel, pretty much anything that has a switch or dial.

I don't have an ETA. I've been super busy with my day job since our company got acquired and I'm wanting a better way to enter frequencies than the iPad app has. "Dragging" dials is a novel idea but it doesn't work very well in practice.

So, yeah.

None that I know of!

OK, thanks for that.

My new ipad does not have ios8 yet. Wanted to make sure icontrol DCS is working properly before I update to eliminate any other issues.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

I'm having a problem. All check marks are green in the server screen. The app is connected, little green box in upper right corner. MFCD's and CDU show correctly what is on the monitor but pushing buttons on the ipad has no effect in the sim.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm having a problem. All check marks are green in the server screen. The app is connected, little green box in upper right corner. MFCD's and CDU show correctly what is on the monitor but pushing buttons on the ipad has no effect in the sim.

You can open a support ticket by clicking the support tab on the left side of http://bit-shift.com/icontroldcs/index.html

I'll get ya taken care of there. Thanks!

You can open a support ticket by clicking the support tab on the left side of http://bit-shift.com/icontroldcs/index.html

I'll get ya taken care of there. Thanks!

Support ticket submitted, thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]