Choose FM - NO discussion!

Hawkeye60

Choose FM NO discussion Please! Now five options!

Five options,

1) Original FM that shipped with the Gazelle - Harder to handle

2)The current FM as it stands today - a bit easier to handle and land but with possible "inaccuracies"

3) A version of one of the above with improvements. Which one ?

4) A complete re-write as outlined in the posts below

5) Remove this {fill in adjective of choice} thread!!!!!

Just to get a feel for what the members would like to see.

May help the developer.

Please NO discussion!

Update, 4/23/17

I have received a few comments about this thread privately.

They were split with,

a)bad idea for a thread

B) Add a #4) Complete re-do of the FM

I will admit I had second thoughts about even posting this.

The same now applies.

In that spirit, I will add one more choice.

5) Remove this {fill in adjective of choice} thread!!!!!

I vote #1

I liked it!

Edited by Hawkeye60
  • Like 1

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

4) The flight model which the developers feel delivers the highest fidelity within the constraints of a computer simulation.

4) Exactly. Flight models in simulations begin and end with accuracy. Accuracy doesn't mean it's easier or harder to fly.

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'd have to say (4) however out of the box this is what you get (2), flies better. :music_whistling:

YMMV :thumbup:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

3) Original with improvements. It was nimble and tight, at least.

Note: starting from scratch with Belsimtek consultation wasn't listed as an option....

Really, turn the "ÄP' off and have a fly What do you find wrong with this module?

With "ÄP"off the cyclic feels like a Roby R44 in hover. :thumbup:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

I agree with the sentiment in this thread.

There is not even a question of choose which version IMO.

Advanced Flight Model "that simulates all flight phases and characteristics of the Gazelle" no compromises. I don't enjoy flying the Gaz at all in its current state.

Sorry for the discussion but I feel strongly about this.

i5 4690K, GTX1070, 24GB 1800mhz, HP WMR, Custom FFB helicopter controls.

Updated first post.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

option #1

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.