Leatherneck Simulations Monthly Update - January 2015

Cobra847

And what happened to the famous module that began with F .... and ended in L

F4U-NL :pilotfly:

U82njXz.jpg

:D:D:D;

Easier to develop, easier radar, much more information, access to aircraft in flight yet, many more 3D models inherited from other simulators .... I think that the company is more profitable .... also begins ends F and L

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they release something this year, I'd bet that it would be the MiG-23. I dimly remember they said that there is a lot of commonality between the '23 and the '21 and it would take them about a 1/2-1 year to actually make it with the groundwork of the '21.

Otherwise it would be a prop/ww2 plane.

Also, way more hints at the Tomcat. Getting real excited.

If they do a '23 then shouldn't it be easy to make a '27?

DCS: F-4E really needs to be a thing!!!!!!

Aircraft: A-10C, Ka-50, UH-1H, MiG-21, F-15C, Su-27, MiG-29, A-10A, Su-25, Su-25T, TF-51

And what happened to the famous module that began with F .... and ended in L

F4U-NL :pilotfly:

U82njXz.jpg

:D:D:D;

Easier to develop, easier radar, much more information, access to aircraft in flight yet, many more 3D models inherited from other simulators .... I think that the company is more profitable .... also begins ends F and L

Did you miss the part where they said they had multiple aircraft at varying stages of development? It's probably in there.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

no, but thanks for your interest; wondering if you thought that was a possibility F4UNL

Keep calm!!!!!!!

I'd bet on at least one of the aircraft they're working on is a piston fighter. Given the success of the Mustang, Dora, and Kurfurst, as well as the coming DCS 1944, it makes no sense that there wouldn't be.

I'd be willing to wager that they have multiples, actually. They did have a P-38 as a website background.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

I personally do hope that one of the 3 is a piston fighter. It would be quite cool for me if it's F-14, one warbird, and hopefully one cold war warrior form 60s-70s, preferably Russian or European :). And this line up would keep pretty much everyone happy I guess :)

Edited by WinterH

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Cobras post about the AT-802U introduced me to the plane. Now I want it and I'll be disappoint if we don't get it.

Honestly, I almost cried when I saw his post. But now after a little research, this aircraft is more capable of attacking ground targets than the majority of DCS products! And it has two seats, glass cockpit and a "ball TGP" with lots of weapons! I would not be disappointed one bit if they made this aircraft.

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

Honestly, I almost cried when I saw his post. But now after a little research, this aircraft is more capable of attacking ground targets than the majority of DCS products! And it has two seats, glass cockpit and a "ball TGP" with lots of weapons! I would not be disappointed one bit if they made this aircraft.

I was conpletely unfamiliar with it as well, but my reaction on reading about it was similar. This thing has a targeting pod, LGB's, Hellfires, DAGRs, insane .50 caliber machine guns, something that looks like a small cruise missile, rockets, and even a couple other things I haven't been able to identify. You could do some serious damage with this plane.

Cobras post about the AT-802U introduced me to the plane. Now I want it and I'll be disappoint if we don't get it.

I really doubt that LN is making this aircraft. AT-802 was some kind of joke/trolling here on the forums.

Just Google: “site:forums.eagle.ru at-802”

I really doubt that LN is making this aircraft. AT-802 was some kind of joke/trolling here on the forums.

Just Google: “site:forums.eagle.ru at-802”

Ya, I was not familiar with all that originally, but did come across it. Sad joke because it would be an awesome plane. Crossing my fingers, but realize it's a desparate hope.

The "Cats"

Grumman F4F Wildcat

Grumman F6F Hellcat

Grumman F7F Tigercat

Grumman F8F Bearcat

Grumman F9F Panther

Grumman F9F, F-9 Cougar

Grumman XF10F Jaguar

Grumman F-11 Tiger

Grumman F11F-1F Super Tiger

Grumman F-14 Tomcat

Grumman G-118 (Originally conceived as an uprated F11F Tiger but never built)

Edited by Mike Busutil

Given how much it's bandied about as a running forum gag, some ubernerd out there is going to stop and think "what if there actually was a DCS: AT-802U?" and then make it.

Bless his soul. Bless his wonderful soul.

It's been over 10 days since LN discovered that the website needed paying... and it's STILL down?

Is someone dropping the ball here or what?

Maybe it's paid for the month?

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV