AP Alt/hold assistance

Vlerkies

Hi

I am probably doing something wrong but for the life of me cant seem to figure out what.

Autopilot Alt/Hold refuses to work for some reason. (apart from me probably being a dumbass)

Speed AP is fine, auto hover also no problem but I just cant get this flingwing to Alt hold.

I have checked the manual, watched videos like xxJohnxx's

but nojoy.

I had it mapped to the warthog throttle alt/patch/alt/dg switch.

Then moved it to the keyboard.

The SAS is on and active as indicated by the 3 'meters' above the switches.

Flicking the switch to speed (vi) works

While flicking it to Alt moves the switch into position the SA342 does not hold alt.

Speed is above 120kmh.

VVI is at 0, so level flight.

If I try all of this with the dcs control input thing showing on the screen (rcntrl+entr) is actually says altitude in white text there, imply the hold is in effect.

So I'm a bit stumped here, any ideas what I am missing?

Thank you

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

• 1 month later...
Hi

I am probably doing something wrong but for the life of me cant seem to figure out what.

Autopilot Alt/Hold refuses to work for some reason. (apart from me probably being a dumbass)

Speed AP is fine, auto hover also no problem but I just cant get this flingwing to Alt hold.

I have checked the manual, watched videos like xxJohnxx's

but nojoy.

I had it mapped to the warthog throttle alt/patch/alt/dg switch.

Then moved it to the keyboard.

The SAS is on and active as indicated by the 3 'meters' above the switches.

Flicking the switch to speed (vi) works

While flicking it to Alt moves the switch into position the SA342 does not hold alt.

Speed is above 120kmh.

VVI is at 0, so level flight.

If I try all of this with the dcs control input thing showing on the screen (rcntrl+entr) is actually says altitude in white text there, imply the hold is in effect.

So I'm a bit stumped here, any ideas what I am missing?

Thank you

Came here with same problem...found that altitude AP only gets enabled if your vertical speed is almost 0. So put it in a straight flight path with no climbing/diving and hit the switch, you should be able to get it working.

• 2 weeks later...
So put it in a straight flight path with no climbing/diving and hit the switch...

Thanks for that :thumbup:

I was having the same problem and could not get it to work.

The problem was that I selected the Altitude mode on the switch and then hit the AP button on the stick.

No, you need to get it to straight line, no climbing/diving, over 120 kph and then hit the altitude hold mode on the switch in autopilot panel.... bang, and it's enabled and working.

Some old video tutorials and Chuck's guides explain that you need to hit the Autopilot button on the stick. Does not seem to be the case anymore.

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7 | i7-8700K | 32GB DDR4 3600 | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE | EKWB custom loop water cooling | Samsung M.2 EVO 960 500GB SSD + 2 x Crucial 250MX SSD + 4TB HD | Asus PG348Q 3440x1440 | TrackIR5 | Oculus Rift CV1 | MSFFB2 w extension + Saitek X52 Throttle + MFG Crosswind | Windows 10-64

• 1 month later...
Thanks for that :thumbup:

I was having the same problem and could not get it to work.

The problem was that I selected the Altitude mode on the switch and then hit the AP button on the stick.

No, you need to get it to straight line, no climbing/diving, over 120 kph and then hit the altitude hold mode on the switch in autopilot panel.... bang, and it's enabled and working.

Some old video tutorials and Chuck's guides explain that you need to hit the Autopilot button on the stick. Does not seem to be the case anymore.

I confirm after having the same problem.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.