MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist)- enhancing mission scripting Lua - Page 148 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-29-2019, 05:19 AM   #1471
Grimes
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnv2pt0 View Post
I had two borders that were defined by late activated helos, and it seemed that the flag was getting tripped at the time that the helo's would have crossed paths had they been activated and flying at their assigned speeds. I moved the waypoints around to make sure they didn't cross and the problem was solved.
Yeah that was a lovely bug that was fixed and reappeared less than a year later. Think its actually getting fixed in the next patch. Anyway I always use ground units to define polygons and set their probability of appearing to 0%. Mist just needs the path to be in the mission file to find it.
Grimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 06:50 PM   #1472
Exocet

Hi,
I'm building a mission with scrypt but I can not make it all work ..

I want try a mark spot. I copy past the cod from her: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=193232 For apply to my tanker but it did not work.
Tanker name group is KC135mprs. What wrong?

Thank

Plane = Group.getByName( "KC135mprs" )

if Plane and Plane:isExist() then
local Vec3 = Plane:getUnit(1):getPosition().p
local GroupID = Plane:getID()
trigger.action.markToCoalition( 2, "Plane Marking", Vec3, GroupID )
end
Exocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 01:21 PM   #1473
VampireNZ

I am trying to have AI aircraft spawn in a random location in a zone for ACM. I have them activated via a radio message, then immediately run the mist.teleportInZone, which does randomize their location - but it is like it creates a new aircraft. It has a different skin and doesn't follow it's task/waypoint - just heads for the closest airfield and lands. I even flew right up behind it and shot it with no reaction.

I have even tried Triggered Action after a 10 sec wait to change waypoint/engage Player aircraft etc but it does not respond at all.
Any suggestions?

VampireNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 05:47 AM   #1474
Grimes
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampireNZ View Post
I am trying to have AI aircraft spawn in a random location in a zone for ACM. I have them activated via a radio message, then immediately run the mist.teleportInZone, which does randomize their location - but it is like it creates a new aircraft. It has a different skin and doesn't follow it's task/waypoint - just heads for the closest airfield and lands. I even flew right up behind it and shot it with no reaction.

I have even tried Triggered Action after a 10 sec wait to change waypoint/engage Player aircraft etc but it does not respond at all.
Any suggestions?
It does create a new aircraft, just it shares as many parameters of the old one as possible and erases the old one. Its not actually a teleport, it just mimics it. Make sure it has the 2nd value for the command since that defines whether or not it keeps the same task.

mist.teleportInZone('group', true)
Old 09-11-2019, 07:49 PM   #1475
TFP Kane

Is their a way to set a timer on when a group respawns. I have a FreeFlight missions build and trying to put a delay spawn on to the drones that i have flying around. Here is a copy of the script that i use to respawn them

for k, v in pairs(droneACDB) do
if not Group.getByName(v['group']) then
local msg = {}
msg.text = "Respawning" .. v['name'] .. "Drone Group."
msg.displayTime = 30
msg.msgFor = {coa = {'all'}}
mist.message.add(msg)
mist.respawnGroup(v['group'], true)
local con = Group.getByName(v['group']):getController()
con:setOption(AI.Option.Air.id.ROE, AI.Option.Air.val.ROE.WEAPON_HOLD)
con:setOption(AI.Option.Air.id.RADAR_USING, AI.Option.Air.val.RADAR_USING.NEVER)
con:setOption(AI.Option.Air.id.SILENCE, true)
con:setOption(AI.Option.Air.id.REACTION_ON_THREAT, AI.Option.Air.val.REACTION_ON_THREAT.EVADE_FIRE)
end

The Flying Pandas Info

Teamspeak: 66.150.214.230
Discord: https://discord.gg/EdVprTy
TFP Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 12:07 AM   #1476
Grimes
ED Testers Team

Make a function to respawn the group and copy all of the mist.respawnGroup and controller stuff into that.

Code:
local function respawn(groupName, val)
mist.respawnGroup(groupName, true)
local con = Group.getByName(groupName):getController()
con:setOption(AI.Option.Air.id.ROE, AI.Option.Air.val.ROE.WEAPON_HOLD)
con:setOption(AI.Option.Air.id.RADAR_USING, AI.Option.Air.val.RADAR_USING.NEVER)
con:setOption(AI.Option.Air.id.SILENCE, true)
con:setOption(AI.Option.Air.id.REACTION_ON_THREAT, AI.Option.Air.val.REACTION_ON_THREAT.EVADE_FIRE)
end
Then schedule the function to respawn it.

mist.scheduleFunction(respawn, {v['group'], true}, timer.getTime() + 10
Old 10-19-2019, 05:58 AM   #1477
Pizzicato

Hey guys,

Just wanted to make sure I'm correctly understanding something. If I want to spawn a specific aircraft group from a table that I've created using mist.makeUnitTable({'[blue][plane]}), do I then need to get get the groupName of the unit in question and then use that to find the reference to the group I want to spawn? e.g.

Quote:
table_BlueAircraft = mist.makeUnitTable('[blue][plane]')
unitToSpawn = table_BlueAircraft[indexOfInterest]
groupToSpawn = mist.DBs.MEunitsByName[unitToSpawn].groupName
Group.activate(Group.getByName(groupToSpawn))
This feels pretty convoluted, and I suspect it's just a product of my lack of scripting skill. Is there a cleaner, more efficient way of accomplishing the same thing?
Old 11-05-2019, 04:07 AM   #1478
xXMustangXx

Hello,

is it possible to have a different thread with short mission sample of the most used MIST functions?

something similar to what CTLD has here?
Example Missions Thread: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2621619

or maybe there is already one?

Thanks!
xXMustangXx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mist