No updates since July?

Kerosene

We have the right to share our feelings so i allow myself to re open that post.

being criticized is not a reason to muzzle people.

If the TPOD was the only issue ! There is no visibility about the resolution of all issues previously reported. Since the last three mounths, none of the glitches has been corrected on the Harrier.

Moreover, DECOY do not answer to any mps describing an issue, even if theres a track included.

Razbam just show contempt towards anyone who had purchased the AV8b.

I have to admit that Decoy is RIGHT, i will never ever buy anything from Razbam and i really do not beleive that any of me fellow simmers will be pleased with that kind of reactions

Edited by Kerosene

I also think that the last answer of the community manager caused some public damage… Hard to keep neutral after that. If the conclusion is the fact that they want to live indefinitely on money earned with unfinished products, that's it.

This thread is going to be deleted in 3, 2, 1…

Edited by Bogey Jammer

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

We are trying to help and keep you informed, but when the team is working on new features and certain bugs such as the TPOD and JDAM they are simply busy working.

I cant inform you about coding and updates without it going through the test team and approval stages, st this stage we will share the news but not until then. So please don't assume progress is not being made as i can assure you it is, its a long process when Zeus has millions of line of code to work through.

I thought the recent videos of the JDAM would be seen as an update information, but clearly that's not the case.

Again, the Harrier is receiving the promised Upgrades which can take time as stated above.

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

It sound good however the Razbam official site and the bug tracker are not updated.

You are posting advancement videos on facebook but only people with an account are able to access them. I do not own a facebook account and do not intend to register on it.

Discord is only a more advanced tchat/teamspeak and it is trully hard to follow a thread if you are not connected 24/7.

To summerize, the official Eagle Dynamics site allows developping teams AND users to communicate easilly. Why do you have so much trouble using it ?

Adding new fonctionnalities to enrich your product is a very good thing. meanwhile we are undergoing all these bugs that diminishes our flight experience.

It is only a matter of priorities and i really believe that correcting known bugs such as the nav issues, reported since the end of june should be a priority before new developpement ( I am saying Nav issue because it is the issues i reported. I entruste my fellow simmers to follow their own reports)

Finally, I bought the three RAZBAM modules in early access to support the development. I do not protest for the pleasure of protesting. I understand that the development of new systems can be long.

we report those issues to help YOUR team to inprove your and our product.

All the community ask in return is to have an acknoledgement of its contribution with answers and information about the resolution of those bugs.

Edited by Kerosene

Kerosene,

It would probably be wise to speak for just yourself and NOT other simmers. If they feel the same as you, this guy does not, then they will speak up. Razbam understands the customer and they are working hard to put out what we want. Self entitled people do not deserve anything. You made the call to buy early access, you do not like, dont do it again. I have not heard Razbam once say they promise us anything. You should really consider taking up fishing, it builds patience.

New Video, i only found by chance via youtube!

As someone else who got fed up with facebook about 5 years ago and no longer uses it - please can the community managers post links or even acknowledge a new video has been released on this forum thread.

The earlier comment re discord and facebook very valid - they should be posted in the main site forum also.

Thanks

PS - Looking forward to JDAMS do you perceive this will be a Q4 2019 release?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

robert.clark251

Sorry, I talk only for my own team, friends and I.

For the rest I only say that I bought in early access knowingly and to support the development. In exchange, it seems normal not to be ignored by the development team when I participate in the detection of bugs.

Finally I recommend that you keep your remarks and stay on the subject.

Edited by Kerosene

IFrom my point of view, it would make more sence to react on bug reports, especially on those who are there ignored for months and take care that you have a good relationship to your community who have paid you alreaey for a product you haven't delivered yet.

Then, those bugs should be fixed. And there are also a lot of really important bugs.

After that, new things should be implemented.

You won't build a house on a faulty basement.

At the moment, I'm not surprised that more and more people are writing down their anger. As there is no other thing customers can do.

Edited by viper2097

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

Guys subscribe to our Youtube channel that way you will never miss a video. However we or other users post the videos here, but i understand this is a very Fluid forum and post can be missed so i recommend subscribing to Youtube.

Regarding Bugs that haven't been addressed, internally we are changing a LOT of systems and functions on the Hattie and mirage as requested by the French Air force (AdA), As we change them to match the real air frame, those bug can be obsolete with the new version.

Remember the plane is getting a mid life upgrade which includes MANY fixes for the reported bugs and completely new systems.

Edited by =DECOY=

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

We are talking about the Harrier, not the Mirage.

Beside that *little fact*, "no reaction" is always the worst reaction and a punch in the face to the paying customer who used his time to report something properly to help you, doing your job he paid you for.

And also a lot of people won't subscribe to a youtube channel.

Would it be that hard to post news also here, in the official forum?

Edited by viper2097

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

Guys subscribe to our Youtube channel that way you will never miss a video. However we or other users post the videos here, but i understand this is a very Fluid forum and post can be missed so i recommend subscribing to Youtube.

Regarding Bugs that haven't been addressed, internally we are changing a LOT of systems and functions on the Hattie and mirage as requested by the French Air force (AdA), As we change them to match the real air frame, those bug can be obsolete with the new version.

Remember the plane is getting a mid life upgrade which includes MANY fixes for the reported bugs and completely new systems.

What we need from RAZBAM is regular communication about updates and responses to posts here. Videos are fine, but that’s not really the essence of what the comments in this and other threads here are about.

We’re all sure you guys are working hard in the background, but unless you keep your paying customers informed - like ED do so well - you are bound to get frustrated, negative comments.

So, please keep us updated more regularly.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Next month will be the official 2 year anniversary of the Harrier still bogged down in early access. Enough said.

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm

I'll throw my thoughts in here, and I believe they mirror a fair amount of other users around here. I want to be clear I'm quite happy with the Harrier, I think it's in FAR better state than the Mirage. It can actually accomplish most of its missions without hitting a single bug or incomplete feature.

The JDAMS looks incredible and far more detailed than I expected, very impressive. However, we have no idea when we will see it, and you just said other fixes are in a holding pattern.

Since we have CCRP bombing, why not FINISH CCRP (or AUTO) and do dive toss and make sure it hits moving targets? Why abandon it to start an entirely new module? As a developer, it is often far faster and makes for a much better UX to FINISH a feature, before moving on to another. There may be some bugs, but actually FINISH the feature. It doesn't seem like development is broken up this way, and it causes this perception that the development is progressing in a haphazzard manner. I'm not saying it is, just that it LOOKS that way.

The Mirage may be having an MLU, but I know for a fact that horror show of an INS update system will be abug with the new systems. That is an ugly, ugly bug that will need to be fixed no matter what the ADA tells you, same goes for the bug in CCRP delivery. Why would you redesign the radar, when 3 whole mission sets are impossible without sim-breaking bugs in this aircraft? To an outsider, sans an explanation, it's just illogical.

Anyway, I'm pleased with the changes RAZBAM made this summer. Getting Elwood onboard, the big bug purge of the Harrier earlier in the year, were all great moves forward. I just think much of this could be avoided with either a different communication strategy or a different implementation schedule.

Again, great work so far and I can't wait for those JDAMS. Looks like a hardcore recreation. :thumbup:

PS If the dev team would like to PM me, I'm happy to help for free should they need someone to squash some bugs. I'm well familiar with versioning (git) and .lua scripting, though my experience these days is mostly in web applications.

I banished M2C and AV8B from my PC. And they stay that way for a while now. I'm sick of it. Why should I struggle with these semi-finished modules. And there is nothing left to hear about their 'communication offensive'. That I buy from Razbam products in the future, probably not. When was the last time we were informed by Razbam in the DCS Forum? At ED and HB, it also works. And that the Community Manager of Razbam simply closes a thread because he thinks that the discussion brings nothing (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=252235&page=2) or he the displeasure of the buyers about their modules I do not want to hear ... I find that questionable.

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

:D

giphy.gif

I resent that gif! I'm not that fat... not... yet....... :D

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Though, I don't share the negativity and totally understand the way coding is done and rarely something to "show", I deeply share the sentiment, that neither Facebook, nor Reddit is the platform to communicate anything related DCS, unless it is not first communicated in this very DCS forum first.

Video is a YouTube thing, ok, but even if I am not subscribed to the Razbam channel an update here with a link is what I would call best practice. I am subscribed to your channel, but I can absolutely understand that people in countries with a strict regime, for example, may not be happy to show off there interest in things military, especially US related and value there privacy.

My personal feeling towards Facebook is similar as to the plague: I know it exists, but I want to stay the hell away from it as far as possible!

I am sure I am not the only one who has no problem with no weekly updates, but gets pissed, when he accidentally steps on a link to a cool Facebook update in a buried post somewhere in this forum days or weeks later, while actually being subscribed to the Razbam section, AV-8B section etc.

Enough ranting. On topic of the Harrier update being worked on, I love the concept for JDAM application and can't wait to try them, soon(ish).

I hope that is constructive criticism.

Thanks.

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I deeply share the sentiment, that neither Facebook, nor Reddit is the platform to communicate anything related DCS, unless it is not first communicated in this very DCS forum first.

:thumbup:

A lot of us share the same sentiment. I never understand why Razbam (or others) rather advertise a third party website (e.g, facebook, reddit) instead of going to where their customer base hangs out first and foremost - namely right here.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

A lot of us share the same sentiment. I never understand why Razbam (or others) rather advertise a third party website (e.g, facebook, reddit) instead of going to where their customer base hangs out first and foremost - namely right here.

+1.

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

What we need from RAZBAM is regular communication about updates and responses to posts here. Videos are fine, but that’s not really the essence of what the comments in this and other threads here are about.

We’re all sure you guys are working hard in the background, but unless you keep your paying customers informed - like ED do so well - you are bound to get frustrated, negative comments.

So, please keep us updated more regularly.

I PM'd =Decoy=, Zues67, Prowler111, and Cpt Smiley, about posting a thread describing the state of the module. Not a discussion thread, but an informational thread. What's implemented, yet to be implemented, and WIP. Who knows, it might cut down on the stupid "My T-POD not working" threads that popup every week. And if they do, we as a community can jump their ass and point them to the information. There's still no reply to that PM by the way.

I'm not asking for personal service. I'm asking for some common courtesy for the folks that generously participated in this early access project. Don't tell me to get on spam-cord or subscribe to your YT channel...

In the style of Bernie Sanders. "I'm tired of hearing about the damn videos!"

Get to posting some info we can use and refer to when posting bug reports.

If any of this sounds harsh, equate it to the frustration that many feel, that only action will alleviate.

p.s.

Please stop moving threads to "Resolved Bug Reports". Just close the thread once it's been reported. That is a supposed to be a known process, as described to me by Nineline.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

+1 a million, but I don't think it will change. Elwood does post in the M2k section here and there, and overstratos in the mig19 section. Here in harrier land not so much.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I really wish ED would make main customer support in/via these forums a contractual requirement for any 3rd party module developer.

Regards,

Snappy

Very good point. Or a grievance system that if bugs or issues go unresolved for too long its flagged and escalated to ED to Have to look at. Then they would serve as a mediator to get issues fixed from the 3rd party

I think a standardized forum format, maybe make a bug tracker with an API into the forums to standardize how bugs and missing/incomplete feature are tracked would be great for devs and clients alike. Basically, whenever you log a bug in your internal bug tracker, or set up your initial feature list, you add some DB columns for the public-facing component, that automatically gets posted to the forums or some other official DCS area. Kind of like an easier to swallow kanban board.

We are using this approach for our software applications and have seen a positive response from our users. I agree, social media is NOT the place for this sort of thing. Not everyone is on FB and even if there were the competition for wall space is fierce. I for one loathe the platform and only exist on there because my business dictates I be there.