Idea for forum improvement - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-21-2019, 10:09 PM   #11
Yurgon
Campaign Testers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirrah View Post
Would be nice to have some sort of post rating system on ED's forum.
Wait, you joined 8 years ago and you don't know such a system was already in place?

Anyway, I agree with some of the others that the biggest flaw of the old rep system was that we could only +rep/-rep members, not posts (although they would see in their User CP which posts earned them +rep or -rep, and from whom).

An upvote/downvote system for posts would make a lot of sense IMO. If it's an upvote only system, that's still a lot better than having no feedback of this type IMO.

Of course, back then we saw not just "+1" posts, but also "+rep", so I'm not sure these would vanish entirely.
Old 09-22-2019, 08:47 PM   #12
sirrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhukov032186 View Post
I really don't see why internet ''likes'' (or dislikes) interest people at all. I got likes, I didn't care, got dislikes....... still didn't care. Ah, Facebook, thou art the doom of the human race
Just for the record, I never registered to Facebook, nor will I ever do as long as it's up to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yurgon View Post
Wait, you joined 8 years ago and you don't know such a system was already in place?

Anyway, I agree with some of the others that the biggest flaw of the old rep system was that we could only +rep/-rep members, not posts (although they would see in their User CP which posts earned them +rep or -rep, and from whom).

An upvote/downvote system for posts would make a lot of sense IMO. If it's an upvote only system, that's still a lot better than having no feedback of this type IMO.

Of course, back then we saw not just "+1" posts, but also "+rep", so I'm not sure these would vanish entirely.
I had a 5 year break from DCS due to lack of time. Only became more active about 2 years ago. That's why I didn't know we had such a system.

The upvote only system would mainly be a handy tool to be able to filter out popular/useful posts for those that don't have time to read everything.

Another option/idea would be to make the thread initiator or forum moderator to mark a certain post as "best answer" or "solution" (as you see on Autodesk forums for instance)

Last edited by sirrah; 09-22-2019 at 08:52 PM.
sirrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 12:25 AM   #13
Yurgon
Campaign Testers

Quote:
Just for the record, I never registered to Facebook, nor will I ever do as long as it's up to me
Facewhat?

Yeah, same here.

Quote:
Another option/idea would be to make the thread initiator or forum moderator to mark a certain post as "best answer" or "solution" (as you see on Autodesk forums for instance)
I know that from some sites. And while the "best answer" is really helpful in maybe 80% of the cases, there are still instances where the entire discussion is really useful.

So I guess people wouldn't get an incentive to give a better answer or provide a clarification when one was already chosen as "best answer".

Still, sounds like an interesting idea that may be worth a thought.
Old 09-23-2019, 12:39 AM   #14
NineLine
Community Manager

I would be ok with a system that showed likes, but the old system was abused so badly to send hateful and nasty messages.

I also like the "best answer" on steam, or "answer from dev"
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote