Operation Clear Field - Caucasus PvE Playground - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-20-2019, 11:06 PM   #1
Surrexen

Default Operation Clear Field - Caucasus PvE Playground

Operation Clear Field is an open-world PvE playground for the Caucasus map. It is loosely based on the Russo-Georgian war of 2008. This mission uses the same mechanics that Operation Snowfox uses for the Persian Gulf map. The mission will randomly choose targets throughout the map. You can fly any role you like, and if you are on your own, you can use the radio menu to request support flights of AI planes to assist you. Most modules have been included. You will be flying against the Russians. The mission utilizes Moose functions and custom scripts which have been included in the mission file.

Check the mission briefing for AWACS/Carrier Group/Refuelling frequencies etc.

Notes on requesting support flights:
- CAP/CAS/Anti-Shipping/SEAD and Pinpoint Strikes are available to call in, you can choose the sector they will fly to
- Only one flight of each type can be active at any given time, so choose carefully
- AI flights will start near Khasab airfield and will await a "Push" command via radio when you are ready for them to proceed with an attack
- Pinpoint Strikes will only target specific structures in their target area, if the current target is not a building they will not target anything

Other radio options
- Check Current Objective will remind you what the current target is
- Target Report will give you coordinates and distance to the target, and if the target is a group it will tell you how many units are remaining in the group
- Abort Directives will allow you to send support flights back to base

As it is based loosely on the Russo-Georgian war in 2008, expect to be flying into the Abkhazia and South Ossetia regions. Due to the West coast not having enough ports for a docks attack, Sochi is also a sector so I could put some things in a port. It is a long way to fly and I will probably have to adjust a few things but that's how it goes. This is a bit of a live test for version 1. Ok good luck

Download: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...files/3306039/

If you would like to donate: https://www.paypal.me/Surrexen

Last edited by Surrexen; 11-06-2019 at 02:30 AM.
Surrexen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 12:30 AM   #2
tn_prvteye

Awesome! Thank you!
tn_prvteye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 05:57 AM   #3
Mohamengina

Thanks. Appreciate the work that's gone into this.
Mohamengina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 08:23 AM   #4
Mohamengina

Tried it out tonight with some friends and had a blast.

Some issues we ran into were:

-Datalink wasn't working with AWACs in the Hornet.

-Some enemy fighters didn't react so us engaging them and kept flying level

-There are no Hornet fuel tankers

Other than that the mission is really cool.
Old 08-21-2019, 09:43 AM   #5
Surrexen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohamengina View Post
Tried it out tonight with some friends and had a blast.

Some issues we ran into were:

-Datalink wasn't working with AWACs in the Hornet.

-Some enemy fighters didn't react so us engaging them and kept flying level

-There are no Hornet fuel tankers

Other than that the mission is really cool.

- Datalink ... yeah looks like something has gone horribly wrong. Will fix as soon as I can.
- Do you remember your position on the map when this happened? I am guessing at this point you had not crossed the borderline into 'red' airspace hence they didn't engage you.
- Hornet fuel tankers? I'm not sure what you mean by that sorry. I am guessing you mean Tanker Texaco? Did tanker Texaco not turn up for you?
Old 08-21-2019, 03:06 PM   #6
Surrexen

Version 101 is up to fix the datalink. Be advised if you are flying the F-14B and selecting a host for datalink you need to choose Overlord as the host.

Changelog v101
-Fixed datalink
Old 08-22-2019, 05:35 AM   #7
Mohamengina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surrexen View Post
- Datalink ... yeah looks like something has gone horribly wrong. Will fix as soon as I can.
- Do you remember your position on the map when this happened? I am guessing at this point you had not crossed the borderline into 'red' airspace hence they didn't engage you.
- Hornet fuel tankers? I'm not sure what you mean by that sorry. I am guessing you mean Tanker Texaco? Did tanker Texaco not turn up for you?

It was somewhere close to the mountains north of the airfield you spawn at. It was two Su27s heading north west.

Also my bad - didn't realise texaco could refuel hornets - I didn't see the fuel lines on the outer pylons.
Old 08-22-2019, 07:26 AM   #8
Surrexen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohamengina View Post
It was somewhere close to the mountains north of the airfield you spawn at. It was two Su27s heading north west.

Also my bad - didn't realise texaco could refuel hornets - I didn't see the fuel lines on the outer pylons.
Ok cool yeah I was going to have heart attacks if the tankers were not showing up.

Meanwhile attached is a map of the Russo-Georgian war which I have cleverly scrawled all over like a 5 year old to show you the border (the big orange scribbly line). If you fly over that orange line the Russians will come and try to intercept you. If you stay on your side of the border, then you should be ok 'mostly'. I am guessing you were flying near Lenetekhi or something by the sound of it, which would make you 'safe'. However, if you cross the border then cross back, it does not mean you are safe. The Moose AI A2A dispatcher does all that work. Hopefully that gives you a bit of an idea of what is going on in the background.

I am considering making the border about 20km further into Georgia than the actual border so extend the Russians 'reach' just a little. I won't change anything until I get some more feedback on this one. Because of the layout, this one is more complicated than what Operation Snowfox was because the border in Snowfox was literally the international waters line between Oman/UAE and Iran.

Edit: Also if you and some NZ guys are flying around in this hit me up sometime. I'm in Sydney.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Russo-Georgian War Borderline.JPG
Views:	207
Size:	388.8 KB
ID:	215961  

Last edited by Surrexen; 08-22-2019 at 07:27 AM. Reason: Things.
Old 08-22-2019, 09:39 AM   #9
Mohamengina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surrexen View Post
Ok cool yeah I was going to have heart attacks if the tankers were not showing up.

Meanwhile attached is a map of the Russo-Georgian war which I have cleverly scrawled all over like a 5 year old to show you the border (the big orange scribbly line). If you fly over that orange line the Russians will come and try to intercept you. If you stay on your side of the border, then you should be ok 'mostly'. I am guessing you were flying near Lenetekhi or something by the sound of it, which would make you 'safe'. However, if you cross the border then cross back, it does not mean you are safe. The Moose AI A2A dispatcher does all that work. Hopefully that gives you a bit of an idea of what is going on in the background.

I am considering making the border about 20km further into Georgia than the actual border so extend the Russians 'reach' just a little. I won't change anything until I get some more feedback on this one. Because of the layout, this one is more complicated than what Operation Snowfox was because the border in Snowfox was literally the international waters line between Oman/UAE and Iran.

Edit: Also if you and some NZ guys are flying around in this hit me up sometime. I'm in Sydney.

Cool man. My steam name is proctoss so feel feel to send me an invite and I'll let you know when me and my friends are playing it.

The borders haven't really been an issue for us so I'll leave that for other people to comment.

Is there any way to delete the friendly F16s? I had a look in the mission editor but couldn't find them. I'm assuming they are part of some trigger? They aren't really a big problem but it would be cool if I could make a version without them for when I have enough people on to defend the base. Also the game tends to spawn more of them over time which seems to impact server performance.

Last edited by Mohamengina; 08-22-2019 at 09:41 AM.
Old 08-22-2019, 08:47 PM   #10
VampireNZ

Nice - been looking for something like this for a while, will definately check it out this weekend.

VampireNZ is offline   Reply With Quote