Racks only loadout?

DD_Fenrir

It's almost impossible to find a picture of an operational WW2 Pony without it's racks fitted as they seem to have been left on permanently.

Any chance we could get a bomb racks only loadout for the P-51D?

you probably see racks for droptanks those were preaty common for p-51

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

I'm quite aware of their purpose graf.

My point is unless we load bombs or drop tanks the DCS P-51D won't have them, yet it's damned impossible to find a photo of an operational wartime P-51D without them fitted.

I'd like the option of having a racks only load-out selectable in the ME or arming screen so I can emulate this.

you probably see racks for droptanks those were preaty common for p-51

No, he definitely speaks about bomb racks, that is their name even in P-51 Parts catalog...

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

No, he definitely speaks about bomb racks, that is their name even in P-51 Parts catalog...

question is are bomb racks drag is modeled or not in DCS or only bombs

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Most of the photos I see of the Mustang actually have clean wings, but I can understand where you're coming from. The best thing right now is to load bombs/drop tanks and then simply drop them after spawning in or taking off. I'm assuming this is for something like a photo shoot?

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Most of the photos I see of the Mustang actually have clean wings

Really?

from my experience researching primarily the 8th and 9th Air Forces I have never seen a photo of an operational frontline P-51 without them.

The best thing right now is to load bombs/drop tanks and then simply drop them after spawning in or taking off. I'm assuming this is for something like a photo shoot?

Not particularly, just for historical accuracy. It would also mean I could lock them to the loadout in historical co-ops. And yeah I could load tanks and drop them prior to start-up but it's something of an immersion popper - I'd rather not have to.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Back from the dead, but I forgot about this thread entirely, and was just independently thinking the same thing as Fenrir was in the OP.
Also apparently I've been in this thread before lol, I take back what I said in 2019.

But, it would be great if, essentally similarly as how was done with the 190A8, if we could have rack-only options.  It does appear that it was exceedingly rare that P-51s would be without their bomb/bag racks, and that these were essentally a permanent fixture to the character of the Mustang.

• Like 1

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria