Irony of Walleye release and other weapon issues? - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

View Poll Results: If removing Walleye is the quick fix for the A/G bugs would you remove it temorarily?
Yes 62 47.33%
No 69 52.67%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2019, 08:19 AM   #21
Mule

One of the moderators on here said that that there was literally no testing of the Walleye and that we were the first ones to try it.

If I was at all bothered by this I would simply use 2.5 stable and get on with it.

The poll was closed before I could get my vote in. Perhaps have another one until you get the result you were looking for...............cough!
Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 09:08 AM   #22
BIGNEWY
ED Community Manager

Hi all

We wont be removing the Walleye, problems happen during early access and it is why we use the beta build to help test for problems in a larger testing environment.

If you want to help, make bug reports with a short track showing the issues and we will get to them.

Currently investigating TOO / PP modes and WPDSG

thanks
Old 10-23-2019, 09:08 AM   #23
daarseth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_sukebe View Post
So you’re just speculating that it was related to the walleye, and not any of the other changes.
For all we know, could be the change for the boarding ladder.
Sorry, but I’ll maintain that just guesswork might as well be classified as a waste of space thread.
Well it would certainly make more sense that a newly introduced weapon (which is classified as a bomb), created an issue with functionality of existing weapons (which are classified as a bomb) over the boarding ladder fix.....

It was an observation, not a guaranteed statement. You decided to comment, so clearly not enough of a waste of space thread for you to pass on by.

Good lord, it was an attempt to get someone of official status to see, gather some further input from the community and possibly “have an aha moment.”

It seems it’s not 100% obvious, otherwise we wouldn’t be in this position. But a weapon “literally not having any testing time” is sure to throw many potential issues into play eh?

As for the one who mentioned the poll being closed, I didn’t do that - so not sure how that happens - but first post I’ve done with a poll that I can recall. I’m no internet warrior, unlike some that are more versed in the field. So apologies or congrats, whichever suits your stance.

Cheers,

Don

Airframes: A10C, F/A-18C, F-14B, FC3, Combined Arms. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR
daarseth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 09:09 AM   #24
daarseth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGNEWY View Post
Hi all

We wont be removing the Walleye, problems happen during early access and it is why we use the beta build to help test for problems in a larger testing environment.

If you want to help, make bug reports with a short track showing the issues and we will get to them.

Currently investigating TOO / PP modes and WPDSG

thanks
Did earlier today, yet it was for CCIP - not the TOO/PP JDAM/JSOW. And wouldn’t except it to be removed - but merely addressed as a potential part of the new problems with existing weapons that are now suffering a new glitch/issue.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...68#post4084168

Cheers,

Don

Airframes: A10C, F/A-18C, F-14B, FC3, Combined Arms. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR

Last edited by daarseth; 10-23-2019 at 09:12 AM.
Old 10-23-2019, 09:14 AM   #25
daarseth

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomTOTEN View Post
You can switch between Stable and OpenBeta using a command line in your present DCS installation. No need to have 2 installs... no need to delete, move, or download anything. It's all handled through the DCS Updater suite very nicely.
Cool, thanks for the info. Will look into doing that next time I have the opportunity to try and fly.

Cheers,

Don

Old 10-23-2019, 09:45 AM   #26
_Chalky_

is the DDI containing the Walleye suppose to be that out of focus?...or am i doing something wrong?
_Chalky_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 10:09 AM   #27
Mule

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Chalky_ View Post
is the DDI containing the Walleye suppose to be that out of focus?...or am i doing something wrong?
It's 1960's technology. At the time that out of focus stuff was cutting edge tech. Have a look online for Walleye video footage. It looks even worse than the simulation.
Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 05:04 PM   #28
Harlikwin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weta43 View Post

Rather than pretending the OB is not an OB, what they should do is put in f*ck off big letters on the OB splash screen a message reminding people that it is an OB, will have bugs, may occasionally introduce bugs with new features, and make them click an "OK, I understand" button every time the OB launches.
A message to the effect of: "If I find a bug, I agree to report it, not complain about it" wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Exactly...

I honestly used to play SP on stable and only switched to beta after the F14 was released because I couldn't wait. And really most of the time OB has been fine. Yes, once in a while a plane breaks, so I just fly a different one and wait for it to be debuggered. But I'm fully cognizant of the fact that OB has bugs, sometimes game breaking ones (those get fixed quick).
Old 10-23-2019, 05:06 PM   #29
Harlikwin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by daarseth View Post
Thought about it, does it require another install? If so, can I just copy and paste current logbook, missions/campaigns, etc over to it?

Seems it’s a 50/50 on my original post, which was the purpose of this thread - but I know these can get derailed quite often on forums. 50/50 as well, but I am always happy to try and assist in fixing things (as noted by the discovery of the one true issue that is causing the CCIP issue - WYPTDSG - despite what some others have reported or thought).

I have relatively limited time to access DCS with real life stuff, so I have allotted my time to DCS
rather than a “certain racing sim” to get some practice ahead of things to come....

Cheers,

Don
At least with steam I can just click which one I want to have installed, so switching is fairly easy, it D/L's a bunch of files so it does take a bit of time to do, but relatively problem free when I've done it (not often). I imagine the DCS updater version is similar.
Old 10-23-2019, 05:57 PM   #30
daarseth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlikwin View Post

Exactly...

I honestly used to play SP on stable and only switched to beta after the F14 was released because I couldn't wait. And really most of the time OB has been fine. Yes, once in a while a plane breaks, so I just fly a different one and wait for it to be debuggered. But I'm fully cognizant of the fact that OB has bugs, sometimes game breaking ones (those get fixed quick).

I bought the 14 as well, but don't have rudder pedals and she certainly doesn't like my lack of having that peripheral. Owning the 10C, 18C and 14B (aside from FC3) - my option is limited to going back to the "old faithful" Warthog in times like these - but that is somewhat counter productive for me personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlikwin View Post
At least with steam I can just click which one I want to have installed, so switching is fairly easy, it D/L's a bunch of files so it does take a bit of time to do, but relatively problem free when I've done it (not often). I imagine the DCS updater version is similar.

Thanks, I will investigate options when I am able to get more time in with DCS.

Cheers,

Don