Yet another few ME beginner questions - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-23-2019, 07:46 AM   #1
sirrah

Default Yet another few ME beginner questions

Can someone explain to me if it's possible/how to do the following (without scripting):
  1. If I place ramp start AI aircraft and set start time, they are invisible until the set time. Then they suddenly spawn out of nowhere and start their engines. How do I make them visible before their start time?
  2. Is is possible to make taxiing AI hold at certain points (wait for each other near active runway)?
sirrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 09:39 AM   #2
Rudel_chw
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirrah View Post
Can someone explain to me if it's possible/how to do the following (without scripting):

- If I place ramp start AI aircraft and set start time, they are invisible until the set time. Then they suddenly spawn out of nowhere and start their engines. How do I make them visible before their start time?
I havent tried it, but maybe You can place a static aircraft of the same model and skin over the same spot and remove it just before the set time, not sure if you may need a script sentence for the removal.

Quote:
- Is is possible to make taxiing AI hold at certain points (wait for each other near active runway)?
You can place a unit on the taxiway, to hold them, I once wanted to prevent my wingmen from taking off before I did ... like this:

This was a test, actually even a single infantry will do the same and it is less intrusive
Rudel_chw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 10:03 AM   #3
Yoda967

Quote:
  1. If I place ramp start AI aircraft and set start time, they are invisible until the set time. Then they suddenly spawn out of nowhere and start their engines. How do I make them visible before their start time?
  2. Is is possible to make taxiing AI hold at certain points (wait for each other near active runway)?
The first one is easy: When setting up the AI aircraft, mark the check box for "UNCONTROLLED", then add a triggered action to start the AI aircraft.
Yoda967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 10:22 AM   #4
dark_wood

For point 1, take a look here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=190880#5
dark_wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 12:37 PM   #5
sirrah

Thanks guys!

All very helpful

Good idea to place an obstruction on the taxiway to simulate hold before takeoff. Now to find an item that is big enough for them to stop taxiing, yet as discrete as possible
Old 10-23-2019, 01:07 PM   #6
Rudel_chw
Veteran

Quote:

Good idea to place an obstruction on the taxiway to simulate hold before takeoff. Now to find an item that is big enough for them to stop taxiing, yet as discrete as possible
A single infantry will do ... if you use Suntsag’s NATO Soldier Mod then you can use a maintenance guy in that place
Rudel_chw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 06:14 PM   #7
sirrah

Is it also possible to spawn and despawn a static object using triggers?

I know how to do this with units, but static objects don't have the "late activation" option

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudel_chw View Post
A single infantry will do ... if you use Suntsag’s NATO Soldier Mod then you can use a maintenance guy in that place
I wish to use a tire static object for this (small item which, when smartly placed, is less visible)