F/A-18C Aggressors BFM campaign waypoints and moving map broken after last update. - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-22-2019, 09:58 AM   #21
Bourrinopathe

Thanks for the support @Sabre-TLA

I can confirm the first procedure suggested by BIGNEWY works correctly for the BFM01 mission.
I just flew it and it's much more enjoyable with the flight plan and the moving map showing up correctly.
Really nice radio interactions and combats. I managed to get the F5 and the F15C but the Viper slipped through (out of time), and I made it back to Nellis. Very nice mission!

If anyone's interested I've just edited a reference for my own use (using a tablet as kneeboard).
I'll keep it available in my Dropbox for a limited time.

>>> REDFOR INS alignment procedure (A5, PDF) <<<

----

@Sabre-TLA: Do you think it would be possible to update the F-16 models from the campaign to the DCS Viper?
I'm not sure how much work that would require but it should be fun to have the newest model for the dogfights at least.

Thanks for your work on this campaign!

Last edited by Bourrinopathe; 11-12-2019 at 04:56 AM.
Bourrinopathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 12:59 PM   #22
Sabre-TLA
3rd Party Campaign Creator

Yes we will be updating the models in all our campaigns once more skins are available.

Also, don't forget about the single player practice missions that you can open in the mission editor.
They are located in the same folder as the campaign missions.

It's good to get some experience with the bandits with the new improved AI before flying the campaign missions.

Last edited by Sabre-TLA; 10-22-2019 at 01:07 PM.
Sabre-TLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 07:31 AM   #23
Bourrinopathe

I'll definitely give a shot at those practice missions. Thanks for the reminder!
(I've copied them in my Hornet missions folder for ease of access)

Apparently part of the recent AI improvements affects the modern jets. The engagements should be more interesting in the current state.
Old 11-11-2019, 08:08 PM   #24
ZenDawgg

I've tried all of the the suggestions listed in this thread, but they do not work for me.

The way points never change in distance, the first way point is stuck at 2.7. And the map never updates.

Any other recommendations?
ZenDawgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 07:14 AM   #25
Bourrinopathe

Just tested and the procedure using the WP 0 as reference still works correctly for me.
Could you share the steps you've followed and the mission name?
Or a track maybe?

And thank you for the update @Sabre-TLA
Old 11-14-2019, 01:14 AM   #26
ZenDawgg

It does work for me.

I was rushing and not doing the INS alignment properly.

Thanks for checking!
ZenDawgg is offline   Reply With Quote