Su-27 instruments functions (?) - Page 16 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-23-2019, 06:45 AM   #151
Bourrinopathe

Indeed. Just as Ironhand suggested. Some pictures have not been updated since they reworked some details of the HUD/HDD symbology and you might find other discrepancies.

I'd assume you're referring to the page 51 of the manual, showing the BVR symbology.
A while back I did try to update and "enhance" the manual for my own use but I only managed to get through a few pages.
I'm not sure the following version is up to date but it was showing the corresponding symbology then:

ИЗЛ stands for излучение радара, meaning "radar emission" - so you know your radar is illuminating/emitting.

Last edited by Bourrinopathe; 10-23-2019 at 06:54 AM.
Bourrinopathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 03:46 PM   #152
Ironhand
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourrinopathe View Post
Indeed. Just as Ironhand suggested. Some pictures have not been updated since they reworked some details of the HUD/HDD symbology and you might find other discrepancies.

I'd assume you're referring to the page 51 of the manual, showing the BVR symbology.
A while back I did try to update and "enhance" the manual for my own use but I only managed to get through a few pages.
I'm not sure the following version is up to date but it was showing the corresponding symbology then:

ИЗЛ stands for излучение радара, meaning "radar emission" - so you know your radar is illuminating/emitting.
Looks good. The only thing not identified is the “selected weapon” position in the lower right corner.

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 16GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.
Ironhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 07:19 PM   #153
ResonantCard1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourrinopathe View Post

Those anotations with the possible indications of each thing are super useful, thanks!

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
ResonantCard1 is offline   Reply With Quote