Normandy Map Discussion - Page 282 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-21-2019, 10:45 PM   #2811
Picchio

On the topic of updates: did you guys see the trees and landscape behind the latest P-47's screenshot?
Picchio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 12:15 AM   #2812
Gierasimov

Arrow Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picchio View Post
On the topic of updates: did you guys see the trees and landscape behind the latest P-47's screenshot?
We did, and it is here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...postcount=1180
Gierasimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 05:39 PM   #2813
finch

Quote:
Originally Posted by imacken View Post
Do you know something that the rest of us don’t?

this

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=243274

I have been away from the forum and haven't updated my DCS World in a while, so I was wondering if all this was already released or not
finch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 05:42 PM   #2814
imacken
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by finch View Post
this

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=243274

I have been away from the forum and haven't updated my DCS World in a while, so I was wondering if all this was already released or not
I was asking about your comment 'so... all the promises about an update are vanished' which suggested you know something that others don't, i.e. that the update isn't going to happen.
Intel i7 8700K 5.0GHz · Palit RTX 2080 Ti OC Gaming Pro · ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-F · Acer 4K 32" XB321HK · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 10 · HOTAS Warthog · ThrustMaster TPR Pedals · TrackIR5 · TM F/A-18 Hornet Stick · Virpil WarBRD base · Valve Index
imacken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 05:55 PM   #2815
finch

Quote:
Originally Posted by imacken View Post
I was asking about your comment 'so... all the promises about an update are vanished' which suggested you know something that others don't, i.e. that the update isn't going to happen.

nope, was just a question
finch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 12:35 PM   #2816
SoW Reddog

Default Status of this module?

Disheartening to see that the map has apparently no confirmed bugs or issues whatsoever. That suggests that the map is perfect and yet we know different. Is there actually going to be any updates to the map, bug fixes and issues resolved at any point in the distant future or did we all just throw our money away? I've played on the Normandy map precisely 2 times since I stupidly bought it.
SoW Reddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 12:37 PM   #2817
BIGNEWY
ED Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoW Reddog View Post
Disheartening to see that the map has apparently no confirmed bugs or issues whatsoever. That suggests that the map is perfect and yet we know different. Is there actually going to be any updates to the map, bug fixes and issues resolved at any point in the distant future or did we all just throw our money away? I've played on the Normandy map precisely 2 times since I stupidly bought it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
Free Normandy Map Update Coming
In May 2017, Urga Media released their DCS: Normandy 1944 map for DCS World. The map focused on the landing beaches of Normandy and points south to encompass the breakout period in June 1944. The entire map also includes portions of southern England and areas outside the landing and breakout area to the south at a lower level of detail. The total map size is 267 x 348 kilometers and includes many period specific buildings, bridges, vehicles, windmills, and other objects that populate the map. This has been the ideal map for World War II combat and even low-altitude helicopter flying.

Since the release and a large update to this map, Urga Media has been very busy to two primary items: The DCS: Syria map and another large, free, update to the Normandy map!

This free Normandy map update will include the following:
  • Improved quality of ground textures (fields and urban areas).
  • Improved quality of the noise textures. This will be particularly evident at low altitudes.
  • Improved quality of the coastline, both in Normandy and along the English coast.
  • Processing of fields and city vector data to use new DCS World terrain technologies.
  • Improved quality of the rivers and lakes.
  • Improved quality of roads.
  • Increased the number of unique objects and scenes.
  • Optimization and improved the look of the trees and forests.
  • Optimization of map for virtual reality performance.

We have no planned release date at this time.
We don't have a timeline yet, but work is progressing.

thanks
Old 10-21-2019, 12:44 PM   #2818
Silver_Dragon
ED Translator

Send a message via MSN to Silver_Dragon

Duplicate

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893
DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...91#post4076891
21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/
Silver_Dragon Youtube
Silver_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 06:57 PM   #2819
SoW Reddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGNEWY View Post
We don't have a timeline yet, but work is progressing.

thanks
When was that posted? I must have missed it so sorry for that.

However...

Is it really appropriate to celebrate in the fact an update is "FREE!" when you've already fleeced us for an incomplete and inaccurate, poor performing and controversial (cough asset pack) module in the first place? And then to announce that this "FREE!" update has no release date as yet so frankly is worth as much as my intention to cure cancer, marry a supermodel and become a billionaire...

So basically the answer to my question is accurately summed up as "yes, you did throw your money away"
SoW Reddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 07:09 PM   #2820
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoW Reddog View Post
When was that posted? I must have missed it so sorry for that.

However...

Is it really appropriate to celebrate in the fact an update is "FREE!" when you've already fleeced us for an incomplete and inaccurate, poor performing and controversial (cough asset pack) module in the first place? And then to announce that this "FREE!" update has no release date as yet so frankly is worth as much as my intention to cure cancer, marry a supermodel and become a billionaire...

So basically the answer to my question is accurately summed up as "yes, you did throw your money away"
Asset Pack is by ED, the Normandy Map is by Ugra Media.

Nothing about the Normandy Map is incomplete, it was complete to what it was stated to be done, yes it was below the quality of other maps, but as its a 3rd Party and very new to the ED terrain tools, they are now trying to improve it.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote