Operation Clear Field - Caucasus PvE Playground - Page 5 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-21-2019, 12:02 AM   #41
Surrexen

Changelog v111

- Target report major overhaul, now includes 'precise' coords for all your JDAM/JSOW requirements
- Drop-tanks added to default loadout for all F-16's
Surrexen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 04:54 PM   #42
Super Wabbit

Are there any tips on identifying a target when it is a static object? As an example, the mission to destroy the "Ochamchira - Train Station" was tough in an aircraft like the F-14 where I couldn't get the precision target coordinates. I had to load up the mission in the editor just to figure out which one was the real target. Thanks!
Super Wabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 08:36 PM   #43
Surrexen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Wabbit View Post
Are there any tips on identifying a target when it is a static object? As an example, the mission to destroy the "Ochamchira - Train Station" was tough in an aircraft like the F-14 where I couldn't get the precision target coordinates. I had to load up the mission in the editor just to figure out which one was the real target. Thanks!
Yeah I could see that one being tricky in certain planes if you are doing it for the first time. Originally that mission was an actual train and not the station, but the train caused problems so I had to take it out. If you get stuck on one like that call in a pinpoint strike on the target and watch where they bomb to learn where the target is. I will take another look at that particular target and see what I can come up with to make it more visible.
Old 10-27-2019, 10:18 PM   #44
Super Wabbit

I guess you could mark it with smoke, but one of the best aspects of this mission you've created is that it really teaches you how to navigate and target things without making it easy. I've learned so much about a lot of these jets on that front that it makes me feel very capable.

On one mission I, I pulled up the map and placed my mouse over the exact point listed in the target report. Using the Sat layer on the map I was able to line up the roads and other landmarks to ID the location of the target (I think this was Ochamchira - Military HQ). Then used the TPod on F-14 to find the precise building. It felt realistic, a bit of work to do this, but very rewarding.
Super Wabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 12:00 AM   #45
Surrexen

The most realistic way of doing it would be to have a bunch of recon photos accessible on the kneeboard or something but I haven't looked into doing that kind of thing. Maybe later down the track. I don't like smoke on targets