STO trim?

=4c=Nikola

Shore−based pitch trim shall be 2° nose down. These trim settings are based upon rotation of the aircraft/nozzles at the calculated rotation airspeed while the stick remains guarded at the trimmed position. Use of additional airspeed in order to provide a performance pad will produce nose down pitching moments after rotation that will have to be arrested with aft stick deflections.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I'm following STO tutorial mission and it says to set 2 degrees nose down. I trim it for 2 degrees nose down, but during take off, when I reach NRAS and set nozzles, it pitches down and hit the ground with nose gear.

I use 1 degree nose down as DCS rounds fractions down and 1° = 1.0 to 1.9 while 2° = 2.0 to 2.9

The real Engine DDI Display would show the STAB position to 1 decimal place i.e. 2.2°, but in DCS it is rounded down to a integer/whole number.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

2° ND trim is only to ensure the nose RCS puffers stay closed to prevent inadvertent FOD ingestion, which isn't modeled in DCS so set whatever you're comfortable with.

Once airborne you still need to fly the airplane.

I believe 4 degrees nose down is for taxiing to prevent FOD from RCS. 2 degrees is takeoff trim.

Edit: I don't think I'm allowed to quote NATOPS here, but 2 degrees nose down trim is correct to close the RCS puffer, but it is recommended to set 4 degrees nose down since the stick can move fore and aft a bit during taxi.

But aside from that I do agree, once airborn I have my hand on the stick and often have to add some pitch up.

Edited by kengou

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

• 2 years later...
15.10.2019 в 16:06, kengou сказал:

I believe 4 degrees nose down is for taxiing to prevent FOD from RCS. 2 degrees is takeoff trim.

Edit: I don't think I'm allowed to quote NATOPS here, but 2 degrees nose down trim is correct to close the RCS puffer, but it is recommended to set 4 degrees nose down since the stick can move fore and aft a bit during taxi.

But aside from that I do agree, once airborn I have my hand on the stick and often have to add some pitch up.

From NAVAIR 00-80T-111

The trim setting will change with changes in the aircraft gross weight and the center of gravity. During CQ operations, the LSO will normally calculate an average trim setting to be used by all aircraft. The aileron and rudder trim shall always be set at 0.