Auto mode innacurate on snakeeyes and rockeyes

Eviscerador

Hi!

I'm writing here just to ask if anyone else is having the same problem with the harrier lately.

If you do a low altitude level AUTO mode bombing run with Mk82 using either DMT or TGP, it is reasonable accurate. And if you ripple the bombs almost always the first one hits the TGT point while the rest drop in a ripple line. All nice and fancy.

The problem comes when you try to do the same with the Snakeeyes. I've tried several combos of altitude and speed and the snakeyes are always hit further than the TGT point either with the TGP or the DMT. It is as if the bomb aerodynamic profile is different from the one stored on the avionics and the bomb computer gives you a wrong auto drop cue.

Now with the rockeye is totally opposite, they always drop short. I set the VT and the drop altitude of over 3000 ft AGL and the bomblets always hit short of the auto cue.

In both snakeeyes and rockeyes the precision increases a bit if you make a dive attack but they always hit long or short depending on the type of bomb.

Am I doing something wrong or it is a known bug?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IIRC retarded or high-drag bombs are only supposed to be dropped in AUTO mode.

The last time I recall using either MK 82 SE or AIR, the first bomb always hit the target point, or within a few maybe about 3-4 meters, maybe less if from very low, and that is the entire point of HD munition, to drop from very low.

Rockeye are cluster munition and have an optimal altitude for the mission -- always between about 3000 - 4500 or something like that, bc they need time to deploy their cluster munitions. There must be a huge number of charts on how to deploy them, but I've never seen them.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Since you talk about air mk82 I guess your experience is bound to the Hornet or the Hog. In those planes dropping retarded bombs work perfectly.

The problem is with the harrier, that no matter how do you drop your bombs (and I've dropped them at less than 200 feet) you always hit long.

And the rockeyes dropped at the same altitude, fuse and speed with a hornet you always bullseye the target while the harrier misses short.

That's my point.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I added the Simple Range Script to my testing/training mission, and dropped a bunch of Mk 82 SE's and AIR's.

All drops were AUTO, from between 300 and 2500 feet at various speed, between about 450 and 550 kts in level flight. 12 were dropped singley and 4 in pairs.

Every single bomb of 16 fell long. The shortest distance was 8m IIRC and the longest about 50m.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1