Mission 3 - 50 points, no cigar

I played it twice. First landed on checkpoint, then on the powerplant. Flew around in the attack to another checkpoint, landed on the bridge.

Then we flew back in Batumi and I ended up with 50 points and should fly the mission again.

I was wondering what is the voice over about being back in 30 minutes on the first checkpoint - there was just no time for any diversions. So what trigger did I miss?

HANS / GUNNER RIGHT

- -Get out of here Boys – we are back in 30 Minutes - -

Refers to the Infantry group you deployed at the LZ. Then you fly the other 3 up to the mountain and you are right you will be back faster the 30 min. for again embarking the waiting soldiers.

The 50 points are the ones to you get right at the beginning. You should get some more at least at the end when landing right next to the Mi-8.

The only reason for the points is to advise the campaign whats next. At least 50 for not falling back to mission 2 and more than 50 for processing to the next mission.

I checked it and according to the Mission file, I will presume you did not land close next to the mi-8 that's where you get the next 50 points. And you should also miss the following radio call

triggered when at the right landing spot.

PETER / CO

- - Here we are back in one piece - -

Another indication would by. The mission ends automatically when at the right place.

Always happy landings ;)

Well I get the voiceover and automatic ending. I just don't get at what point should I be back in Tango Bravo? Am I supposed to fly first to the top of the mountain after the first landing on Tango Bravo and then return again to TB, which mountain?, the same as in mission 2?

I just did the first landing and went straight to the powerplant to Wolf 1 and 3. After that it was the attack to the other checkpoint and landing on the bridge.

Afterwards when I follow Wolf 1 and 3 after the attack I am advised to inspect Wolf 3 for battle damage and then I am already in Batumi.

I also looked at the scoreboard during the mission, it said zero all the way to the end. So I think I get 50 for ending, rest is 0.

Edited by Jyge

Ok, I replayed it. Landed on Tango Bravo, then on mountain top. Then back on Tango Bravo LZ 2. Then down in LZ 1, then on Powerplant. We made the attack on the Checkpoint, landed on the bridge and then we flew back to Batumi. Landed next to Mi-8 and then the mission automatically ended after the voice over. Still 50 points, until end it was just showing zero...

I was a bit late landing on the bridge as the vehicles already crossed, but other than that I can not really figure out what I am still missing. I would have a track of the mission, but I think that they are broken or so?

Anyway I edit the logbook and move on to mission 4...

This is for sure, a DCS problem with the campaign manager. I am sorry about that. I informed ED a few days ago about that issue.

You did everything correctly, and it doesn't matter if you engage the cars bevor or after they cross the bridge. All the missions in that kind that they do not break because of time remaining or so. I hope they get that fixed very soon. Unfortunate the first update was not part of this Wednesdays Beta update.

Always happy landings ;)

• 4 weeks later...
I did not know that I had to go up in the mountains, and also, there is no indication to land on the bridge later on. making it specific throught the dialogues in game will make it more obvious.

The specific information was given bevor the landing at the control post.

PETER / CO

Land close to the riverbank Frank - same spot like four days ago - -

We need to disembark some of our passengers – reducing weight for the mountain landing - -

In fact, the information is also on the F10 map visible, it was a planned task so the route is on the map. In Mission3 the Kneeboard files are missing at the moment ( comes with the update)

but that's the usual place for such information as well.

The radio menu F10 should have the information also.

But indeed this is something we have to learn, for the mission building process.

The Player is busy and focused on flying, the chance to miss speech or text informations is high. So we need to improve the amount and the information given.

Same with the landing on the bridge :smilewink:

PETER / CO (58)

O.k. land on the Bridge Frank – we disembark our passengers - -

Unfortunate the documentation is still missing, so you don't have the chance to check it out in advanced.

RECOMMENDATION

Check the Kneeboard files bevor take off - You find the complete planing there except for Mission 3 and 6. (Fixed and wait for update)

Always happy landings ;)

That's indeed the main problem. Very often, you cannot listen to everything (e.g. mission for while going down through the clouds...checking your instruments). There was a lot of speech, but no way to read it (and sometimes you don't understand everything).

As for the kneeboards. Yes, it makes sense to prepare before the flight, but sometimes the task changes during the mission. This won't make it easier ;-)