F10 map we can draw over it.

Stratos

Agree, a feature like in arma would be so amazing!

Although even in that it can't be displayed on a secondary monitor, so you have to open it on your main screen and lose any view or awareness of the 3D world. It's not just DCS that fails to take advantage of our hardware.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

This, in a proper multiplayer briefing environment with the ability to show slides/pictures of targets and approaches would be awesome.

Yes, for briefing purposes rather than in-mission an interactive map, etc would be fantastic.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/ru/files/1554631/

My map f10, beta version, may be interest.

Asus Rampage V Extreme X99, i7-5930K, DDR4 16GB Crucial 2133MHz, WD SATA6 1000GB, GeForce Titan Black 6Гб, 23" 1920x1080, CM 1.2кВт, СМ Nepton 280L, TM Warthog

Моя карта ТВД Кавказ, Невада

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/ru/files/3053906/

Glad to see my small request so well received by the community. Hope ED can consider giving it a go, I think is a small request that can add a lot of value to the sim.

Fingers crossed and thanks a lot.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Another BUMP for ED, hope they can look at this feature, does not sound truly complicated to add and will bring lot of value to the sim, for example, in the new campaign museum relic, we can see this:

RELIC-24_zpssikdfzzj.jpg

Is great, but what If we can see that black line in F10 screen? Wouldn't be great? knowing where the mission borders are, where are the frontlines... How many missions we will be able to design using own drawn frontlines, marking targets of interest, marking known AAA concentrations...

ED please, give it a go!

Edited by Stratos
Added a pic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Three years later and still no drawing F10 map. Really seems very easy to add, give us a tool so we can use the mouse to draw over the map, both during mission editor and while flying the mission itself. Will add a lot of value!!

Make the map printable!

I want a hard copy.

+1000

Great idea!

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

• 5 months later...

+1

It'll be a very useful tool for MP coordination and cooperation.

i9-9900K, G.Skill 3200 32GB RAM, AORUS Z390 Pro Wifi, Gigabyte Windforce RTX 2080 Ti, Samsung 960 Pro NVMe 512G + 860 Pro 1T, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder, Samsung O+

F/A-18C, F-16C, A-10C, UH-1, AV-8B, F-14, JF-17, FC3, SA342 Gazelle, L-39, KA-50, CEII, Supercarrier Preordered. (Almost abandoned: CA - VR support please?)

PG, NTTR

Make the map printable!

I want a hard copy.

+1000

Great idea!

I recommend that ED should do offer a PDF of the map that anyone can then print in their wanted service.

And then to get some money, offer a printed maps for sale. I purchased suchs for a ARMA 3, a package that has few postcards and then a A1 size maps nicely folded from the all five official maps for it.

It is so far more nicer to have a paper map, because you can take it to somewhere else to plan your mission. Be it outside on the balcony at the morning, map open on the table and sipping drink while making the idea of the story, units locations etc.

And what is the best, is that you can go to your friends place and do it together. No need to sit front of the computer while to do it.

I can order a 160cm wide and as long I want print with four colors cheaply, I have this idea that I will make a few prints of DCS maps that would be about 120 x 150 cm and then laminated with a very thin plastic so they can be folded nicely.

This then allows me to use a non-permanent pen to make the planning and layouts anywhere and then just transfer them to DCS.

Same idea to make a A3 size prints in 100 or so in linedraws, that it is easy to scribble on them.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

+1

It'll be a very useful tool for MP coordination and cooperation.

These maps in the DCS itself should be realistic manner. Meaning, you will see them only in the debriefing and in command centers or when you are refueling and rearming in the FOB etc.

That way you get the possibly latest information there, and then you can copy it to your kneeboard with own markings. You can't share any drawings etc in flight to anyone.

So helicopter pilots can example land next to a MBT platoon and get their platoon leader to show them the plan of ground troops.

A ground troops updates the info when they meet etc.

This would be why the GPS and all the other datalinks etc are important and valuable as you get away these "meet here" and "tell it over radio" etc.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

These maps in the DCS itself should be realistic manner. Meaning, you will see them only in the debriefing and in command centers or when you are refueling and rearming in the FOB etc.

That way you get the possibly latest information there, and then you can copy it to your kneeboard with own markings. You can't share any drawings etc in flight to anyone.

So helicopter pilots can example land next to a MBT platoon and get their platoon leader to show them the plan of ground troops.

A ground troops updates the info when they meet etc.

This would be why the GPS and all the other datalinks etc are important and valuable as you get away these "meet here" and "tell it over radio" etc.

Yes and no.

While keeping it realistic does have its value, just like all the other game feature like Labels and some easy mode settings, they are there to compensate some limitation imposed by the simulation environment or simply the hardware. Label vs spotting issue in VR, for example.

You can consider this requested feature as a compensation to the reality that in a lot of MP servers,

1) very few people talks...

2) no briefing or any planning...

ED can always add a tick box in mission option, allowing mission designer / server admins to enable or disable this feature.

i9-9900K, G.Skill 3200 32GB RAM, AORUS Z390 Pro Wifi, Gigabyte Windforce RTX 2080 Ti, Samsung 960 Pro NVMe 512G + 860 Pro 1T, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder, Samsung O+

F/A-18C, F-16C, A-10C, UH-1, AV-8B, F-14, JF-17, FC3, SA342 Gazelle, L-39, KA-50, CEII, Supercarrier Preordered. (Almost abandoned: CA - VR support please?)

PG, NTTR