Spudknocker's Mig-19 Review Video

=DECOY=

The radar seems to update the contact position constantly on its scope, instead of updating with each sweep so it looks like a digital 4th gen with extrapolation. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Can't say if it's realistic or not that the radar sweeps right to left instead of side to side in a back and forth manner, but that caught my eye too. I have confidence in the team behind the MiG-19 though.

I notice Spud's cockpit is in English :D will certainly help mashing buttons, I mean, uhh, training.

Also unless I'm blind or looking at the wrong spinny thing didn't that Farmer touch down at 300km/h?

Edited by Birko

Can't say if it's realistic or not that the radar sweeps right to left instead of side to side in a back and forth manner

izmrud search radar is a pair of antennae set on one constantly rotating turntable as opposed to later mechanically sweeped planar arrays with only one antenna that wags back and forth.

E9XPj4.gif

credit goes to Beamscanner

Edited by probad

Two questions:

- Whats going on with the piper just before the merge? What does this jiggling mean?

It is at the tail end of the predicted bullet stream: a 15 second burst.

- The radar seems to update the contact position constantly on its scope, instead of updating with each sweep so it looks like a digital 4th gen with extrapolation. Correct me if I'm wrong.

We'll fix that before release.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

It is at the tail end of the predicted bullet stream: a 15 second burst..

The moment at 15min 36 sec, right?

Also, when the F-5 was hit, the piper was dancing way below the impact point, while this was commented as "radar assisted".

And whats the difference of depicted "radar assisted" to the mode when two reflectors show artifical horizon, tracked target outline and impact point?

Edited by Кош

ППС  АВТ 100 60 36  Ф <  |  >  !  ПД  К

i5-10600k/32GB 3600/SSD NVME/4070ti/2560x1440'32/VPC T-50 VPC T-50CM3 throttle Saitek combat rudder

The moment at 15min 36 sec, right?

Also, when the F-5 was hit, the piper was dancing way below the impact point, while this was commented as "radar assisted".

And whats the difference of depicted "radar assisted" to the mode when two reflectors show artifical horizon, tracked target outline and impact point?

I think the radar was off.

The RP-5 is a simple radar, that is why it uses two antennas, one for searching and one for tracking.

What the MiG-19P has is a second gunsight, where a circle will show the position of the tracked target. You have to align the ASP-5 Optical gunsight with the AR-18-8 radar gunsight and shoot when the ASP-5 ring aperture says you are in range.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

What the MiG-19P has is a second gunsight, where a circle will show the position of the tracked target. You have to align the ASP-5 Optical gunsight with the AR-18-8 radar gunsight and shoot when the ASP-5 ring aperture says you are in range.

On the edge of my seat waiting for an educational video about that mode.

i5-10600k/32GB 3600/SSD NVME/4070ti/2560x1440'32/VPC T-50 VPC T-50CM3 throttle Saitek combat rudder

- The radar seems to update the contact position constantly on its scope, instead of updating with each sweep so it looks like a digital 4th gen with extrapolation. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Noticed that as well instantly twilightsmile.png

We'll fix that before release.

Great to hear ajmug.png

Having to use a flashlight in the middle of the day to see the cockpit switches? M-2000C pit is also very dark, Harrier as well, not as dark as the M-2000C however.

Welcome to DCS... rdlaugh.png

But yes, RAZBAM's cockpits in particular are most affected, but others aren't that much better anyway rainbowdashwink.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

R-3S currently in game is still over-performing after update in latest patch, pulling 17 G's max:

attachment.php?attachmentid=202309&d=1547672310

Last time I tested GAR-8 (Aim-9b) in game pulled 10.2 G's max.

Edited by Mortisrose

i7 7700k, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1080, 500 GB NVMe m.2 SSD, Trackir 3 Pro, Gunfighter Mk I w/MCG; Mod. TM Cougar throttle and Mod. CH Pro Pedals w/Pro Micro + MMjoy2, Nostromo n52

R-3S currently in game is still over-performing after update in latest patch, pulling 17 G's max:

attachment.php?attachmentid=202309&d=1547672310

Last time I tested GAR-8 (Aim-9b) in game pulled 10.2 G's max.

Is glorious soviet engineering Comrade!

Where is the RS-2U missil ?

And do the MiG-19p got also the R-3R missil?

They will put lather ?

The Version of the MiG-19 we're getting, the MiG-19P, or Farmer-B, only has two AA-2 missiles that were added late in its production. The RS-2U is used on the MiG-19PM or Farmer-E. However the Farmer-E also had all of its cannons removed so Im glad we're getting the 19P Version

Edited by MadMaxNZ

The Version of the MiG-19 we're getting, the MiG-19P, or Farmer-B, only has two AA-2 missiles that were added late in its production. The RS-2U is used on the MiG-19PM or Farmer-E. However the Farmer-E also had all of its cannons removed so Im glad we're getting the 19P Version

The RS-1U was the first soviet air to air missil and was fitted in MiG-19, according different internet sources and pictures..

Real War, Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCs1uki5QsyuHUdvtmWJTOg?view_as=subscriber

Real War, Voice Chat: https://discord.gg/UGa3KMe

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't know

I think is only for the PM versión, not the P.

I don't know but referring some web sources is:

MiG-17PFU : 2x RS-1 Missile

MiG-19 : 2x RS-1U Missile

MiG-19P : 2x RS-1U ? or 2x R3S (is MiG-19PT upgrade?) Missile

MiG-19PM : 4x RS-2U

MiG-19S : 4x RS-2US ? or 4x R3S Missile

RS-1, RS-2, RS-1U, RS-2U, RS-2US, R-55, R-55M: name Kaliningrad K-5, NATO : AA-1 "Alkali"

R-3S, R-3R: name Vympel K-13, NATO : AA-2 "Atoll"

:book:

Real War, Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCs1uki5QsyuHUdvtmWJTOg?view_as=subscriber

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You should've took a youtuber with a better aim :lol:

You should look for a different forum to troll

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

I don't know but referring some web sources is:

MiG-17PFU : 2x RS-1 Missile

MiG-19 : 2x RS-1U Missile

MiG-19P : 2x RS-1U ? or 2x R3S (is MiG-19PT upgrade?) Missile

MiG-19PM : 4x RS-2U

MiG-19S : 4x RS-2US ? or 4x R3S Missile

RS-1, RS-2, RS-1U, RS-2U, RS-2US, R-55, R-55M: name Kaliningrad K-5, NATO : AA-1 "Alkali"

R-3S, R-3R: name Vympel K-13, NATO : AA-2 "Atoll"

:book:

Ad.1 No

Ad.2 No

Ad.3 No/Yes

Ad.4 Yes

Ad.5 No

Existed three variants of this missile:

RS-1U, first variant for MiG-17PFU and Yak-25K

RS-2U, second variant exclusively for MiG-19PM,

RS-2US, third variant for Su-9, MiG-21PFM, MiG-21M and MIG-21MF

R-3S was adopted only for MiG-19P as a upgrade in early 60's, some chinese clones had another armament, but those are different aircrafts from the original MiG-19.

Nice

Ad.1 No

Ad.2 No

Ad.3 No/Yes

Ad.4 Yes

Ad.5 No

Existed three variants of this missile:

RS-1U, first variant for MiG-17PFU and Yak-25K

RS-2U, second variant exclusively for MiG-19PM,

RS-2US, third variant for Su-9, MiG-21PFM, MiG-21M and MIG-21MF

R-3S was adopted only for MiG-19P as a upgrade in early 60's, some chinese clones had another armament, but those are different aircrafts from the original MiG-19.

Ok thank you :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

That video of radar is pure let down... a shame really... seeing how updates are not synced, no clouds, radar cell resolution of AESA, ...

I really hope that the postponed release will improve these as else it will be a no buy from me...

p.s. what's with cockpit illumination... flashlight in the middle of the day to see anything?

Edited by Vatikus

http://https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3772536&postcount=25

Here is a great post showing how it should look like approximately.

Now targets look like something from a digital radar display while the radar is doing a 4 bar scan (according to the refresh rate)

Other issue seems to be that the radar targets act as if the radar was stabilized. I don't really see a shift in the picture as ownship bank angle changes. (Ground returns look fine, it is only about target returns!)

Edited by HWasp

Appreciate how scan bar literally paints the ground return with its pass. Now to make it paint contacts in this way(contacts now lag, but with some kind of their own logic of lag separate from the ground clutter. WIP or feature?) and it would look ready! Good job!

Another question: should output fade until the next sweep or still be present?

Edited by Кош