MiG-19 3D model errors

RHO

If you are referring to the harrier inlet thread, it was most likely deleted because someone in that thread didn't understand how cameras and optics work.

Screenshots and pictures from the same angle are not comparable unless you know the distance to the subject and the focal length used when taking the picture, and the virtual camera in the model viewer/DCS replicates this.

No, it was because a person who understands very well angles, focal distance and zoom posted accurate screenshots showing undeniable differences, and instead of acknowledging saying "we know it, but it's too much work to change the model and re-texture" they said "the model is perfect because we say so" and deleted any evidence.

That said, the MiG-19 here looks great, and a lot more polished than the Harrier, and I'm surprised they acknowledged this 3d bug report while they stuck their head in the sand regarding the inaccuracies of the Harrier, which are far more serious.

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

Because when someone goes to the length of finding good pics and taking screenshots from the same angle, the whole thread gets deleted...:music_whistling:

If you are referring to the harrier inlet thread, it was most likely deleted because someone in that thread didn't understand how cameras and optics work.

AFAIK, the Harrier 'inlet' discussion took place before the AV-8B was released (had it's own sub forum) and is part of the huge (3641 post/365 page) Harrier Thread

My own post:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3226660&postcount=1703

still exists and Razbam remodelled the WIP inlet before release. but perhaps you refer to another thread I'm not aware of ?

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

AFAIK, the Harrier 'inlet' discussion took place before the AV-8B was released (had it's own sub forum) and is part of the huge (3641 post/365 page) Harrier Thread

My own post:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3226660&postcount=1703

still exists and Razbam remodelled the WIP inlet before release. but perhaps you refer to another thread I'm not aware of ?

No, it was another thread containing reports about the outriggers, the small scoops on top of the air intakes etc. But it's been deleted.

Funny also that the Harrier is still very much in development, compared to the MiG-19 which is said to be "nearly feature complete", so they should be much more open to fixing stuff on the Harrier than on the MiG...

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s