MULT switch not working

Dyk

MULT switch is ignored when used for bomb quantity selection.

Switch was working normally in 2.5.3.23225, it stopped working when I used it the same way in 2.5.3.24984, today I tried 2.5.4.25729 BETA, MULT is still not working :joystick:

Configuration on next screenshot, expected to drop 4 bombs (2x2):

CSq6jL4.jpg

Only dropped 2:

kOghANJ.jpg

I tried to drop 8 bombs: QTY:2, MULT:4, only dropped 2

I tried to drop 8 bombs: QTY:4, MULT:2, only dropped 4

I can upload screenshots of these drops as well if needed.

Same with GBU bombs, not sure about rockets I can give it a try later.

(I need to add that I have Harrier for about 1,5 month now and I am enjoying it very much. Thanks to RAZBAM and I hope the module will succesfully get rid of these small bugs, otherwise it is very rewarding thing to fly.) :D :thumbup:

EDIT: NOT A BUG, I WAS UNAWARE OF THE NEW (CORRECTED) BEHAVIOR AFTER UPDATE. THANKS FOR INFO!

Edited by Dyk

My skins on DCS User Files, Enjoy!

FC3, Mi-8, UH-1, CA, L-39, AV-8B, F-14

I have read the thread and now I think I understand.

But does it make any sence to have QTY 2, MULT 4? How can you "Drop 2 bombs in groups of 4." ? :D Logically MULT should be equal or lower than QTY, shouldn t it?

QTY 7, MULT 3 is then 3-3-1

ANYWAY, I ll give it all a try so I can get used to it. Thank you! What now with this thread?Maybe moderator would like to move it or rename it or delete it?

My skins on DCS User Files, Enjoy!

FC3, Mi-8, UH-1, CA, L-39, AV-8B, F-14

But does it make any sence to have QTY 2, MULT 4? How can you "Drop 2 bombs in groups of 4." ? :D Logically MULT should be equal or lower than QTY, shouldn t it?

Yes, with QTY 2, you should not be able to select MULT 4

From the AV-8 Tactical Manual Vol 1 :

1.14.5.4.4 Multiple Control.

The multiple control is also a three-position switch. The control selects the number of stations from which weapons will be simultaneously released in the sequence. The window above the control displays the selected multiple.

The multiple cannot be set to a number greater than the number of stations carrying the selected weapon or the quantity value, whichever is less.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

There was an update to the switches animation, but it looks like with the animation all springloaded switches stopped working. We are reversing the change for those switches.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

The Pocket Guide needs to be updated accordingly!

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1