Do You Slew?

Captain Orso

The short and sweet of it, if you have a Thrustmaster HOTAS Throttle, and have little joy trying to use the Slew Control to slew a TDC, there's a solution for that!

attachment.php?attachmentid=184838&stc=1&d=1526735333

Yet another warthog slew upgrade

Many thanks to Deltaalphalima1 for not only putting this solution together --with help from some in that thread-- but he's put up a sight from which the kit can be ordered! Awesome! :thumbup:

Current waiting for the next production batch: March 2019.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

what do you install this on? does this replace the ministick on the throttle?

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

Not sure why you've posted this in Rabam subforum, but if you hope that it will fix the broken slew implementation in the Harrier, no it won't.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Not sure why you've posted this in Rabam subforum, but if you hope that it will fix the broken slew implementation in the Harrier, no it won't.

This!!!

Several of our harrier guys have reported the same thing...

Works great on the Hornet and the A-10.... The Harrier is a no-go unless you run a program and give it keyboard commands then its basically up/down left/right for TDC action.

Looks like its a coding issue on the Harrier... Razbam or ED? Who knows what code is not playing right... but its an issue that has been in the Harrier.

what do you install this on? does this replace the ministick on the throttle?

Yes, it replaces the Slew Control

attachment.php?attachmentid=201027&stc=1&d=1546232933

Of course it will not fix anything broken by programming, but issues are not just programming.

My Slew Control is a piece of sh*t. To give it credit for working a little bit would be do an injustice to every piece of working equipment out there.

Using the Coolie Switch is also not viable. You have to throw the switch very far, before it activates, without warning, and then it slews so fast that it is near impossible to control it reasonably.

Having a Slew Control which actually works well, will be a big step up.

If you are not interested, then please ignore this thread.

I simply wished to make this know for others who might be interested.

87626468_ThrottleFront.jpg.0a9362468c1867ea0f30d17c71e1e3d1.jpg

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

I have to say, I just checked functionality of my Slew Control in windows device manager, and it works there far better than my experience in the AV-8B, so I know what you guys are talking about *sigh*.

I'm still not sad about ordering this, bc even in windows, the Slew Control is fidgety af. But, yeah, something seems to be very broken in the module :(

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler