Trim? - Page 4 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-13-2019, 05:43 PM   #31
Ala13_ManOWar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzarog View Post
And you know this from what quoted historical source? Military pilots of WWII era always found ways to make their jobs easier, even though it was not the “required method.” I remember reading an account of U.S. Marine and Navy pilots in the Buffalo or Bearcat not cranking down the gear in the specified manner. Instead of cranking, they would unlock the gear, start to crank it down, and then rock the plane from side to side to allow gravity and inertia to lower the gear. Strictly unauthorized, but much faster. How do you know that Soviet pilots didn’t use similar unauthorized methods to easy their flight?
Because flying without trimming is not that though in the real deal, they have a really long stick and forces are not that strong. The problem is for you using a short stick with a spring at home.

What is known, indeed, is story on how type 10 introduced flaps and how a test pilot died and the flaps wear welded to prevent accidents.

S!

Last edited by Ala13_ManOWar; 05-13-2019 at 07:39 PM.
Ala13_ManOWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 07:01 PM   #32
ApoNOOB

Personally I would have no problem with an option (enforcable by admins in MP) to have some kind of cheat function, either trim or even very simple autopilot.

From my point of view in the DCS sandbox there are a lot of situations where such a function is justifiable. Take a freeflight scenario for example, you are in MP, a casual server where such a function would be no problem for other pilots, suddenly something IRL comes up. You can not go afk, pause etc. but would it really kill anyone if there was some kind of relief?

But I would advocate this for many more modules aswell, not even considering the lack of trim in this plane. Again, enforcable by mission editor/ admin, no danger for 100% realism servers.
ApoNOOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 08:58 PM   #33
LeCuvier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev2go View Post
The point of swimming is still to have fun...
Not just fun - it's also good physical exercise.
But I'm afraid you are on the wrong forum. This one is not for water sports.
Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5
LeCuvier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 10:12 PM   #34
Kev2go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ala13_ManOWar View Post
I don't think "this aircraft features no trim" should be in any disclaimer mate, it's a well known fact for the model and for any aviation enthusiast out there and we have seen in other simulators since like 20 years ago. What disclaimer do you need? The model is what it is, they modelled how it is. That's all.

DISCLAIMER, THIS MODULE IS TRUE TO REAL LIFE MODEL .

S!
Maybe from your perspective, but not from mine.

no its not a well known fact to me as someone who generally wasn't really interested in aviation predating ww2. i16 is a Russian plane and i am not fluent in Russian let alone the Cyrillic alphabet, so i have not read over any manuals. It doesn't have the same coverage as more iconic planes from ww2 ( or even pre ww2), and your typical text doesn't blatantly point out "oh btw no trim on such older aircraft"

all other modules from ED list aircraft features.

Build:

Spoiler:

Windows 10 64 bit,

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z370- E Motherboard, Intel Core i7 8700k ( Noctua NH14S cooler),Crucial Ballistix DDR4 16gb ram (2400 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia Gtx 1080 8gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; WD 1TB HDD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 512 gb SSD

Last edited by Kev2go; 05-13-2019 at 10:58 PM.
Kev2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 11:14 PM   #35
Ala13_ManOWar

You don't need to know Russian, or read cyrillic in order to having read or known that fact since the old times of simulation in which this were a prominent aircraft. But well, you maybe too young for that, for instance, or whatever.

Quote:
all other modules from ED list aircraft features.
Yeah, but "not having trim" is not "a feature".

S!
Old 05-13-2019, 11:45 PM   #36
Kev2go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ala13_ManOWar View Post
You don't need to know Russian, or read cyrillic in order to having read or known that fact since the old times of simulation in which this were a prominent aircraft. But well, you maybe too young for that, for instance, or whatever.

Yeah, but "not having trim" is not "a feature".

S!
Maybe from a Spanish cultural perspective it is, because it was used in your civil war in the 30s.

From North American perspective no its not really seen as a significant plane here.

Build:

Spoiler:

Windows 10 64 bit,

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z370- E Motherboard, Intel Core i7 8700k ( Noctua NH14S cooler),Crucial Ballistix DDR4 16gb ram (2400 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia Gtx 1080 8gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; WD 1TB HDD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 512 gb SSD

Old 05-13-2019, 11:54 PM   #37
Kev2go

This is how significant the nose down is when i let go of the stick. Note the axis view window, that i am not pushing it down

It doesn't feel like neutral at all, and it feels almost as if it were drastically trimmed downwards. ( that is if there was trim)

So yes i think you can understand why lack of trim is a real nuisance

Build:

Spoiler:

Windows 10 64 bit,

Last edited by Kev2go; 05-14-2019 at 02:31 AM.
Old 05-14-2019, 12:18 AM   #38
Balzarog

Location: The Democratic People's Republic of Massachusetts, U.S.A.

For crying out loud, it’s Early Access!

According to specs on “the other WWII Eastern Front” flight combat game, it has ground adjustable trim tabs, the same as all the other WWII airplanes, except the P-51. The Spitfire is the only reciprocating European fighter in DCS that has an actual elevator trim. The Germans have only an adjustable horizontal stabilizer (angle of incidence), which isn’t a true trim tab. None of the Europeans have adjustable roll trim, so the developers have to program the “straight and level flight model” for a specific true airspeed.

Give the developer some slack.

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 3.7 Ghz CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift C2.
Balzarog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 02:28 AM   #39
Kev2go

We all can read early access, but it doesn't help when there is no communication on known issues, ( or ones brought up by players) from the team.

Build:

Spoiler:

Windows 10 64 bit,

Last edited by Kev2go; 05-14-2019 at 02:30 AM.
Old 05-14-2019, 11:11 AM   #40
Ala13_ManOWar

Quote:
Maybe from a Spanish cultural perspective it is, because it was used in your civil war in the 30s.
Yes, but I meant relevant from the Simulation perspective as we have flown this aircraft in the Eastern front like 18 years.

S!