Trim? - Page 6 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-15-2019, 11:51 PM   #51
Kev2go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatic98 View Post
This!

It's be like saying, I really like the AV-8B and all, but not having A-A radar is an inconvenience, option please?

As for options with auto rudder for takeoff assistance, near enough all of us (I imagine have sticks) but a few of us (most? some? throw me a bone here) don't have pedals and have fairly lackluster yaw control, and for some WWII birds are a pain in the backside to take off even with pedals, let alone with a twisting joystick.

I don't personally use it, but to me adding trim would be kind-of like giving aircraft easy mode flight characteristics, or more convenient radars, or weapons.
That would be moral equivalency fallacy. No its not the same as Av8b lack of radar or giving it more potent missiles.. AS already demonstrated the pitch down is abnormal, and there is in fact was an option to adjust horizontal and vertical stabilizers on the ground pre flight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACG_IronJockel View Post
nor is trim any kind of must have for a plane.
If I fly a plane and it behaves like that, then for me yes it is a must have.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...3&postcount=37

Build:

Spoiler:

Windows 10 64 bit,

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z370- E Motherboard, Intel Core i7 8700k ( Noctua NH14S cooler),Crucial Ballistix DDR4 16gb ram (2400 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia Gtx 1080 8gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; WD 1TB HDD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 512 gb SSD

Last edited by Kev2go; 05-16-2019 at 12:21 AM.
Kev2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 12:28 AM   #52
power5

The 737 has trim and autopilot and it still likes to nose down... Too soon?

I do not think the real Huey had trim, but does in DCS. Slight break in realism helps in the game world. I like to grab a beer during ferry, something I know the real life vietnam huey pilots would have loved.

Aaron
i7 2600k@4.4ghz, GTX1060-6gb, 16gb DDR3, T16000m, Track IR5

BS2-A10C-UH1-FC3-M2000-F18C-A4E-F14B
power5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 09:13 AM   #53
ACG_IronJockel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev2go View Post

Well there are all kinds of things that don't suit every bodies personal preference. If the aircraft behaved that way, it should do so in a simulation. I don't see why your sensitivity on the matter should play any role in this discussion.
Old 05-16-2019, 01:49 PM   #54
Lunatic98

Quote:
That would be moral equivalency fallacy.
Fair enough, but then it's called a false equivalence, based on exaggeration.

Quote:
there is in fact was an option to adjust horizontal and vertical stabilizers on the ground pre flight.
Then that is what should be wished for, which, yes go for it.

It's kind of like switching off VRS, translating tendencies and all of the other stuff with helicopters because it's a must have if helicopters are hard to fly... I'm sorry but this is kinda what DCS is for.

You could say about the auto-rudder and takeoff assistance, but then not all of us have pedals/decent yaw on our controls, which is where that comes in.

Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ Intel i7-8750H, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti Max-Q, 16GB DDR4, 500GB SSD

Rest in RIP Saitek X52 Pro, you will be missed

Wishlist: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Com...8/saved/2cX9Jx, F/A-18C Lot 20

Last edited by Lunatic98; 05-16-2019 at 01:53 PM.
Lunatic98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 03:12 PM   #55
fencible

Quote:
This is how significant the nose down is when i let go of the stick. Note the axis view window, that i am not pushing it down

It doesn't feel like neutral at all, and it feels almost as if it were drastically trimmed downwards. ( that is if there was trim)

So yes i think you can understand why lack of trim is a real nuisance
Just wind on 10 degrees of flap - it alleviates the nose-down bias of the I-16 in cruise and doesn't appreciably slow it down. As a Canadian you must know about Canuck ace, Stocky Edwards, who invented all sorts of techniques to over-come the poor handling of the early P-40s he flew in north Africa. This little I-16 is a ton of fun to fly, even without trim controls.
fencible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 04:06 PM   #56
jimcarrel

It's mildly humorous to consider that most in this thread have not been involved in flying WW1 sims. Never, did I see complaints about lack of trim in those early planes, from users (yes it was a bit of pain, after an hour or so it was a lot of pain). To my knowledge, the I-16 only had an hour or less of fuel, still the real world pilots were quite fatigued after their sortie. Most DCS users are picky about realism and that is the way this model has been built.

It's the prerogative of developers whether or not to make a game-mode model. If that is what you want - find a way to ask them about it. I see no reason to have people line up and have verbal contests over it.
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6gig
jimcarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 07:35 AM   #57
jcomm

It's also worth mentioning that, as supposed, as your fuel tank get's emptied, the nose down "heaviness" fades proportionally... Of course an empty tank far from home is a lot more worrying than having to use a bit of fwd stick in cruise :-)
Old 05-19-2019, 10:16 AM   #58
Galf

Quote:
That would be moral equivalency fallacy. No its not the same as Av8b lack of radar or giving it more potent missiles.. AS already demonstrated the pitch down is abnormal, and there is in fact was an option to adjust horizontal and vertical stabilizers on the ground pre flight.

Dude I don't think you understand that trim has to be built into the plane. It's exactly like asking for an A2A radar or stuff like that: it's entire systems that weren't on the plane.
Get over it, faking an entire airplane isn't feasible, not even War Thunder adds fake trim (afaik, haven't played in a long time, but from my memory planes had their appropriate trim controls.)

If you want to fly hands off the stick buy an F-18.
Galf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 02:57 PM   #59
Ala13_ManOWar

Quote:
Perhaps its the ones who were spreading ( however unintentional), misinformation should be the ones who should be embarrassed before scalding others for not doing enough research before pre purchasing a module. Seriously I16 might be some ones passion plane here, with some things being obvious for them, but not everyone is a know it all with regards to every single aircraft in existence and their intricate trivia, especially if its not some well known icon.
Well, I-16 is a well known icon, but…

S!