new uh-1 collective proyect

Does it have the starter trigger underneath the head also iirc the huey has a stiffing today that runs parallel under the collective

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Looks nice but Soto the extra point of mounting for the dampners will not work in my pit. I guess I could use a hose clamp around the tubular frame to mount the damper but the rest is to large to fit between the seat and shelf that the throttle rides on but dang it is nice I would love to be able you use it as it has the best control head I’ve seen.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Not for me as the collective runs right up next to the seat almost so the throttle is on a couple inches further left for the warthogs the Cougar is a little further left touching the warthogs throttle.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Very nice. I just got a SnapMaker and was going to make this one. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3759480

Yours has a much sleeker look to it. Will it be on Thingiverse?

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

I like your head better but I prefer everything else of the other one.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

• 2 weeks later...

Still learning the machine but I have all the internals printed and the switch plate. I will need to redo the cover-plate as the lettering is a little wonky. I will try it with the 1.6w laser when it gets here instead of the CNC.

I just ordered the 4-way for it. I’ll be printing out the exterior components once I get the machine dialed in a little better.

37FD31E5-ED54-4F36-9EEA-AE4EA8A11C84.thumb.jpeg.61a913ac7c06a4e026cde108860b099a.jpeg

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

Hi Solrakbargol. I assume the damper you used is enough to keep the collective from creeping down under its own weight, but do you notice a difference in the amount of force it takes to lower versus raise the collective?

I'm working on a collective project of my own, and one challenge has been that, according to UH-1 maintenance manuals, the amount of force required to move the collective up or down is supposed to be the same. In the UH-1 this was accomplished with a system of springs to counterbalance the weight of the collective shaft and button box (and any change to the button box was supposed to be accompanied by a re-tuning of the balance system).

I'm planning to use either a bell crank and counterweights, or gas springs with differential forces used in opposition. But in actual practice I'm not sure if it's worth the effort... do you notice the difference in up versus down force required when flying?

I use a similar arrangement with an adjustable oil damper aka motorcycle steering damper and there really isn't any difference in feel for collective up or collective down and it stays where you set it.

If your collective is light weight you wont need any thing else it will be fine.

@solrakbargol nice job,.. :thumbup:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Mostly depends on mechanical advantage and how you a) pivot it and b) where you apply the damper.

here is some background

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Good stuff FragBum! Apologies if off topic, but RE your cyclic: Do you get any "sticktion" or binding in the dampers? I fly both fixed wing and rotary, so don't want a pure centerless feel on my stick, but would love to damp out the springiness and restrain my PIOs when hovering.

@solrakbargol, do you have a rotating throttle on that thing too? That's one of the best looking DIY jobs I've seen btw.

No stiction at least after putting the cyclic through a couple of figure eight patterns at start up and yes it is pure centerless no springs just the dampers. I did have to shim out the gimbal to remove as much play as possible.

But you probably worked that out from my quip. :thumbup: