UV light on during the daytime even with the aircraft cold?

Forgive me if this has been asked before, I have done a few searches but cant I cant find anything relating.

I've noticed that the UV lighting runs during the day time even from a cold start with no power or circuit beakers on.

If I start a mission at night though I have to power up and turn them on my self as expected.

I did an experiment and stated a cold start mission on the ramp at Dawn.

The UV lamps were off again as expected, so I left the aircraft cold and speed up time and sure enough as the sun rose a little the laps turned on and the gauges lit up?

Bug or solar powered?

Screen-200706-221430.png

The issue was discussed in other sections of the forum, because it affected other warbirds as well.

Apparently the effect has been introduced as an attempt to simulate rad- and phosphorus- paints used on gauges of that era. It's toned down to reasonable levels in latest Open Beta, but might still be over the top in latest Stable. Which build do you use?

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Hello, thank you for taking the time to reply. :)

I that screenshot was taken in the latest Open beta 2.5.6.50979.

I had imagined that they tried to simulate what would happen if the Rad paint absorbed some energy from direct sunlight and then would glow when going in to shadow.

But you can see the UV laps are definitely turned on though and they cast a purple glow on the cockpit.

It looks awful :(

Hope its fixed soon

Edited by swartbyron