Current status of Multi-Crew?

deady1000

Hello guys,

just wanted to ask you when multi-crew will be released in the DCS openbeta?

Last time I checked it was said that it is planned to be released in may 2020.

Any news or current status? And whats your priority on that?

Thank you! :)

Ryzen 9 5950X - watercooled | RTX 3090 FE - watercooled | ASUS ROG PG278QR | 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3800MHz CL16

Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI | Creative Sound Blaster Z| be quiet! Dark Base 900 Pro & Dark Power 12 1000W

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

f369a91f-373c-4a67-b752-106889db8767.png

"Planned release in May 2020" is indeed the latest news, which says a lot about ED's ambition to be more transparaent and keep us informed... :music_whistling:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I was looking forward to multi-crew and got really excited when it was announced.

But alas, we got bamboozled once again.

I would love for the Huey to get multicrew going for cockpit support and to decrease the learning curve for recruits with instructors onboard.

Norwegian Rotorhead w\ All Helicopters

Watercooled AMD FX-8350 | Geforce 1060 6GB | 16 GiG DDR3 | Warthog Everything w/ pendulum pedals | Rift VR

Watercooled AMD Ryzen 9500X | RTX 3080 12GB | 64 GB DDR4 3600mhz | Warthog Everything w/Pendulum Pedals | Rift VR (CV1)

Yeah and it would be so cool if one flies that thing and one (+ maybe filled crew with AI) controls the guns. :)

Ryzen 9 5950X - watercooled | RTX 3090 FE - watercooled | ASUS ROG PG278QR | 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3800MHz CL16

Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI | Creative Sound Blaster Z| be quiet! Dark Base 900 Pro & Dark Power 12 1000W

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

f369a91f-373c-4a67-b752-106889db8767.png

• 3 weeks later...

According to NL the developer is still working on it. It’s okay I haven’t been dreaming of it for 7 years since y’all put it on the store page... they should expect us to be at least a little sensitive to more silent delays about this feature. Seven years is enough time to birth a child, hope they develop an interest in choppers and fly it with him/her when this thing gets released.

• ED Team

We have been very open about missing our initial estimation for multi crew, the dev is working on it, there have been some challenges with synchronisation but work is progressing.

I wont give you a time line yet, we all know things are subject to change when it comes to time line estimates.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

We have been very open about missing our initial estimation for multi crew

Hmm, I must have missed this openess, as I have not seen any official statement on the matter since Kate's "release in May" statement. I guess I'm just not looking in the right places? :dunno:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Hmm, I must have missed this openess, as I have not seen any official statement on the matter since Kate's "release in May" statement. I guess I'm just not looking in the right places? :dunno:

Same here, apologies if it’s in a thread somewhere but I did not remember hearing anything since then.

As an owner of UH-1H, I am not buying and not recommending the upcoming Mi-24P unless this issue is resolved.

To be fair, the UH-1H came to DCS before multicrewing technologie was even implemented in the DCS engine. Therefore the UH-1H now needs to be almost completely redone, to be compatible with the now existing multicrewing tech of the DCS engine. The Mi-24 on the other hand is being adapted for multicrewing from the getgo.

Tornado3 small.jpg

To be fair, the UH-1H came to DCS before multicrewing technologie was even implemented in the DCS engine. Therefore the UH-1H now needs to be almost completely reduone, to be compatible with the now existing multicrewing tech of the DCS engine. The Mi-24 on the other hand is being adapted for multicrewing from the getgo.

This point is fully negated by the fact that they’ve been advertising MC as a Huey feature forever.

This point is fully negated by the fact that they’ve been advertising MC as a Huey feature forever.

Yes, but without knowing how the technical implementation will look like, as the respective API wasn't available back then.

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 1 month later...

Work and mistakes pile up. Now we have a map of Syria, we have an attack and transport helicopter that can't do anything because the ground troops have barely evolved since the first version of the simulator. I can't think of anything a UH-1H can do in Syria if the troops don't work.

Troops have not been a priority because they are not a module that people pay for. However, they are essential in the development of missions that go beyond taking off and killing a few baddies for fun.